Eaten Sea weed sheet or not ?

mling

OK, this is probably a silly question but I have not fed sea weed sheets of my fishes before

I have primarily Herbivores in my tank, Sailfin and Hypo Tang, Flame Angel, etc. I

That sure doesn't look eaten to me. My tang mauls seaweed like a lion mauls an antelope.

Agree. Surprised your tangs are not all over it (mine do).

Maybe try shredding a bit and putting it in with whatever else you feed them. They may not realize its edible...

I used to clip my seaweed but don't even bother anymore. It floats around, they eat it.

I feed dried nori from an Asian market (much cheaper than what you buy from aquarium supply companies). Seaweed gets mangy if left on the clip so I removed uneaten bits. My foxface rabbitfish eats it and my peppermint shrimps and emerald crabs eat the leftovers that fall off the clip, but sometimes it's not all gone so I adjust the amount accordingly. If your fish aren't eating it at all, you could try different varieties. Also, they have veggie-rich frozen prepared foods which you could try. Good luck.

I bought brown sheet algae before... the fish ate it but did not like it anywhere near as much as the green algae... I have alot of it (I bought a case) if you want to buy a pack...

Your first question was asking if it was eaten. It is only eaten if it is gone. Think about what a piece of lettuce looks like after you eat it. It may take a couple of days before they realize they can eat it. Once they do, it will generally disappear quickly. Some of my fish will eat some of it and then get bored and play with it - tearing little bites off and then letting them blow around the tank.

Also, for those that didn't see it the first time around, you can buy nori in bulk from www.noridirect.com Much cheaper than anything I've found. Also, the low grade cheap stuff is fine for the fish. It's actually tougher so it won't dissolve instantly in the water like some of the high grade sheets you buy in the grocery store.

Try cutting tassels in it. So that the clip looks like a mini brush when you are done and they can pull little strips off rather than chew at the whole big piece. But if they eat it you will know, they rip at it.

I got this idea from Rik and it's the best I've tried.

He, and now me, take a piece or nori and wraps it around a 1" pvc fitting and secure it several times with a rubberband.

Then it's hung from fishing line and the fish go nuts.

They have to nibble it off the fitting, like they do rocks and the nori doesn't break off at the base and float around.

Mine clean up the fitting and move the rubberband around to get the nori under it.

I think they like to eat it this way better so they eat more.

I got this idea from Rik and it's the best I've tried.

He, and now me, take a piece or nori and wraps it around a 1" pvc fitting and secure it several times with a rubberband.

Then it's hung from fishing line and the fish go nuts.

They have to nibble it off the fitting, like they do rocks and the nori doesn't break off at the base and float around.

Mine clean up the fitting and move the rubberband around to get the nori under it.

I think they like to eat it this way better so they eat more.

I can see it now in aquarium supply catalogues, the NoriNator 2000 Pendant or Hang-on Kit for $49.99. Bag of algae-colored rubber bands for $3.99. Automated feeder attachment to raise/lower the fitting, I mean the feeding device, at random intervals for $129.99.

I can see it now in aquarium supply catalogues, the NoriNator 2000 Pendant or Hang-on Kit for $49.99. Bag of algae-colored rubber bands for $3.99. Automated feeder attachment to raise/lower the fitting, I mean the feeding device, at random intervals for $129.99.

My fishes gobble up OSI Spirulina every morning. Does this make feeding them sea weed redundant ?

By the way, if u want good site for seaweed that both u and your fish can enjoy.... try this link -> http://seaveg.com/shop/index.php?main_page...ex&cPath=12