SM's 30 gasllon Oceanic cube

I guess I'll add my tank to the forum. I started this tank 6 years ago and ran into a massive bryopsis infestation about a year/year and a half ago, so the whole tank got an overhaul. New rocks, new sand, new corals. I lost the majority of what I had and gave away quite a bit of stuff because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep going. There are only a few things that I was able to salvage from the destruction. As for now, no more addidtions. (I think ;) )

Specs:

30 gallon Oceanic cube

250W HQI Halide w/ 15K XM bulb

HOB filter

AquaC Remora skimmer

Rena Filstar xp3 canister

In-tank fuge

Lots of new corals thanks to some awesome fellow members! I'll post up a list of tank inhabitants shortly.

Pics are kind of grainy because there are a ton of microbubbles at the moment. I just gave the canister a thorough cleaning and new sponges, so it takes a few days for the microbubbles to settle out.

FTS:

cube470.jpg

Left side:

cube469.jpg

Right side:

cube467.jpg

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

Adrienne-

Love this setup :clap:

Btw, how did you eventually get rid of the dreaded Bryopsis? (Whoops, just re-read your post and got the answer :blush: )

Edited by zoozilla

(edited)

Thanks! I really like this tank, but wish I had drilled it and put it on a larger stand. Ah well...my next tank (when I can afford it) is going to be what GioNVA is setting up. The Oceanic 45.

Livestock in there is:

Misbar perc clown

RBTA (thanks Steve Outlaw!)

Blue neon goby

Fridmani dottyback

Yasha Haze goby/tiger pistol shrimp

Skunk cleaner shrimp

Mithrax crab

Assorted snails

2 burgandy hermits

1 electric blue hermit

Corals:

Gorgonian (it will capture cyclop-eeze and golden pearls) This guy is about 5 years old - one of my rescues from the old tank

Caulestrea - the green one came from Dave Lin as a three headed frag

Favia

Zoanthids

Pachyclavularia (star polyps)

Xenia

Montipora (denae/digitata/cap)

Plerogyra (bubble)

Ricordea

Discosoma (shrooms)

Tyree LE Cyphastrea Decadia (got this via Eve's auction. Slow grower but has colored up nicely)

Pocillopora (tiny purple frag)

Seriatopora hystrix (tiny pink birdsnest)

Lobophyton

Like I mentioned earleir I don't plan on adding any more corals at this point to avoid overcrowding when the small frags I have start to grow out. I placed my rainbow monti on the LR but haven't found a place to mount the pokerstar monti yet. The xenia frag will never see my LR structure nor will the star polyps. Learned that the hard way years ago.

I have more pictures, I just need to upload them and resize the. I'll hopefully have time to get to that tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!!

Edited by Sugar Magnolia