My 120 reef tank

scott711

I have had my tank for a while, but haven't had time to take any pictures of it. Recently, it was reaquascaped with the help of another WAMAS member. It is a 120 gallon tank that I built into the wall. Behind it is a "fish room" with a 50 gallon sump that houses the protein skimmer, UV sterilizer, etc. In the fish room there is a refugium and another grow-out tank/Quarantine that are connected to the main tank(the q-tank can be disconnected when needed). I run a Reeflo Barracuda to provide the main current to the systems. I also have several Tunze's/koralia's/seaswirl's to provide movement to my tank.

I use 2 250 watt Radium 20k bulbs in Lumenbright reflectors that are run by Icecap Ballasts. I also have 2 110 watt VHO actinic bulbs providing additional light.

The tank is drilled with 3 1.5 inch bulkheads that drain into the sump. There are two returns to the main tank, one return to the fug and one return to the grow out tank.

I use a dual chamber calcium reactor to replenish my calcium/alk for my tank and I dose VSV(Vodka/Sugar/Vinegar) to help with nitrates.

Fish wise I have:

1 blue tang

1 yellow tang

1 powder blue tang

1 foxface

1 pylei fairy wrasse

1 christmas wrasse

1 flame angel

2 firefish gobies

1 copperband butterfly

2 bartlett's anthias

Here are some pictures from past and present:

gallery_30_172_556392.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

Is the coral in the second picture on the right (green with purple) the one you got from me?

Wowzers Scott!

Your tank has changed a lot since I was there last. It's gorgeous! Very nice growth all around. A lot of new pieces/corals or were these recently bought?

Edited by zoozilla

No, that is a hug colony I got from Carribean jake.

He was always very affectionate, wasn't he.

The tank is looking great, Scott. Nice to see that you still have time to keep it happy.

Ha ha, yeah Jake was always very affectionate:)

Thanks guys. I have added a few corals here and there from various places/people within the group. I am able to work on it after my daughter goes to sleep. I have tried to make everything as automated as possilble. I have a pump on a DJ switch that pumps water out for water changes. My 55 gallon tub is right next to the tank for refilling that I move a hose over to refil my sump. That is my next step to automate.

• 6 months later...

Very Nice!!! only if I could have a large tank