Is 2w per gallon enough for rics/zoa/paly clams?

civitan.erichanson

I am buying a nano cube for my son for Christmas and need to get it ordered. JBJ has great prices right now but the 12G has only 1 24W light.

Is that enough for rics/zoa/paly clams? Tank dimensions are 11.8x13.39x11.81

Difference between the 6G and 12G is 6G is 3W per gallon and $12 cheaper.

Sorry to re-ask, but I need to order!!

I am buying a nano cube for my son for Christmas and need to get it ordered. JBJ has great prices right now but the 12G has only 1 24W light.

Is that enough for rics/zoa/paly clams? Tank dimensions are 11.8x13.39x11.81

Difference between the 6G and 12G is 6G is 3W per gallon and $12 cheaper.

Sorry to re-ask, but I need to order!!

No clams. Why don't you go with the nano cube deluxe? It has 2 24w bulbs for two times the amount of light. More light is always better. You still couldn't do clams, but I definitely opens up more options as far a corals go. I have 36w of light over my 2.5 gallon and it looks awesome! I am really glad I went w/ the 36w fixture instead of the 18w. Just my .02 cents.

Again, no clams. If it were me, I would go with the 12 gallon. If your son wanted zoas/palys/rics/mushies he would probably be fine. If he wanted more light down the road, he could modify the hood w/ a retrofit fixture.

Thanks. No clams.

Again, no clams. If it were me, I would go with the 12 gallon. If your son wanted zoas/palys/rics/mushies he would probably be fine. If he wanted more light down the road, he could modify the hood w/ a retrofit fixture.

I had a clam in my nano 24 jbj delux for 7 months the trick is to get them and all the corals flush with the lighting I eventaully upgraded because I got tired of seeing all my corals on a ledge.... a word of caution my jbj made 5 years ago didn't have the proper screws.... they rusted really badly... I still have the orginal fixture... and it works, but the screws defenlty were not the right ones to use. "I fed my clam dts weekly" and it seemed happy.... I eventually upgraded it grew 4 times the size and then something got it...