Tank leak

dschflier

Well I am kinda fortunate in that I took off work today. I am not as lucky in when I went downstairs to look at my tank it appears my 210 is leaking. I dont think it is from the fittings on the bottom because I dont see any water coming from there. All I can think is it is a seam at the bottom. If anyone is around today and willing to help it looks like I may have a big job today.

If it is definitly leaking I will have to drain it buy another 210 and get that one going. My number is 703-768-2372. I may also make a stand quickly. My number is 703-768-2372. Any help would be appreciated.

David

David,

Only thing I can console you with is that I have an empty 220g that I have available. Even though it is to be my dream tank, I haven't set it up yet. :)

Good luck, and hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks like.

David sorry for you problem . I work by you and can hold live stock. working today so I can't help now.

Curtis

Thanks everyone for the offers. Amay that was a very nice offer of your tank. It turns out the only place that had the tank I wanted was super pets. I vowed neer to get anything big from them again but the fact is the sale went smoothly and the lady who I think owns the store was even kinda nice. I bought a 210 non reef ready because the one thing I wanted to change with my 210 R/R was how much the overflows took up and I also wanted to be able to move more water through. My old tank had 2x 1" bulkhead and 2x 3/4 bulkheads. My plan is to drill 2X 1 1/2. I think that should give me much more water flow.

I did a quick setup of what was going to be my 54 frag tank now it is one of my holding tanks, I also have my sump and my 90. Then I am putting most things that are not live rock in my detached acrylic holding tank. I dont want to put my SPS in that tank because I dont think the water is as good. I have 50 gallons of water and another 40 of holding bin with RO water. I forgot to get more salt when I was at super pets. I will try and stop by Roozens tomorrow. If anyone has an extra bucket lying around and you are close by please let me know. I would obviously pay for it.

One last thing I am planning on building my stand. I wont finish it first but if anyone has pictures of stands they built I would appreciate it. I have the tools but have never done it. Time is my biggest issue, just because I have to get my kids each day around 5.

If anyone can think of anything I am forgetting please chime in. So far my corals seem alright. I will be bummed if I loose any fish also because I finally have a tank I am really proud of. We will see.

David

David, let me know if I can do anything to help. I've got an hour-long meeting starting in a few minutes but could head your way if you needed a hand for a few hours. I'd have to be back on the road by 5, though.

Hey David,

I am sorry to hear about your tank. I have an unopened box of IO salt, 75g AGA tank, several pumps and a ton of other equipment. I am far out but willing to come by if you urgently need the equipment or more help.

Trevor

Well everyone thank you so much. The situation so far is going relatively smoothly. I have to go get my kids but will update soon. Steve I did not see a thread attached to your post. To see how you built the stand.

Well once again I want to thank everyone so much. The calls I got asking if I needed a hand the responses on the board, even from people I haven't spoken with for some time always amazes me.

It looks like with the help of Lawnboy(Tony) and Rascal(Mike) and a couple of other helping hands the move went well. I quickly setup the 54 corner and rigged an over flow to the sump. I put many of my stony corals in that tank with most of my fish. I moved my hippo and 2 yellow tangs into my acrylic tank and I also put my rock which dosn't have SPS in my acrylic tank which is not attached to the system. I then put my LPS in my sump.

To rap it up, all of my difficult corals are stll in my main system, in the 54,90 or sump. I will have a bit of things to move around but overall I think everything will be okay. My plan for my new tank is to drill 2 x 1.5 inch bulkhead holes. This should allow my hamerhead pump to work a bit more. I am considering not painting the back of my tank, because it is already in my basement and I dont want the fumes. What do people think about just letting the coraline grow on it over time?

My big project now is to build the stand. Any suggestions are always appreciated. Steve I will ook at your link and may be asking some questions.

David

Kalk :-) I forgot about that.

Dave I have no doubt you would have. The thoughts have always been just as important and I appreciate that. I certainly understand how valuable time is. Especially the need to spend it with the kids. In the large scheme of things the tank is not really important. I am just happy the situation so far has been handled relatively smoothly. I will take some pictures of my 54 corner packed tight with SPS.