I have some questions

davjbeas

Hello,

Just got the unit installed yesterday, The white TDS alarm did not light up when I pressed the button, so I changed the batteries and still no light.

My tap water TDS are around 168. The dual TDS meter is reading 12 after the RO membrane and 0 after the

Deionization filter. Is 12 a good reading?

Also My Pressure meter is reading 20. I did use a lot of extra RO tubing between the water line under the sink and the unit. probably 20'.

I did flush the unit for 10 minutes before using as the directions said, and 1st gallon of product was disposed of. I want the unit to be automatic but I am cautious. As I am away some days for 12 hours.

The directions say that the auto shutoff valve may not work because air bubbles may be in the line.

For now I have the valve to feed the unit only on while i can watch it. Is there something I should be doing

to make this unit ready for unsupervised running?

I do have the float valve installed in my product water storage container.

and have found no leaks in the entire installation.

Thanks,

David B.

Really nothing else to do to make it automatic. The float valve is the key item. Since you flushed the system there probably aren't any bubbles. Make sure the float valve doesn't leak when it switches off - mine does and i haven't been able to fix it yet.

12 after RO is a good number. 0 after DI is the key number though. pressure of 20 is pretty low, you might want to consider a booster pump. you'll see that the unit is very inefficient at 20 psi.

I think I have the same unit. You should be at 0 after DI, but I think there is a break in period. There certainly is a wait before the auto-shutoff works flawlessly. I bought a booster pump because of low PSI and the difference is huge - especially in the colder months

Maybe I need a booster pump.

GSEDLACK- did you order the one from airwaterice?

Thanks,

David

I won the $50 credit at the frag swap so I will probably use it toward the purchase of a booster pump.

What about the TDS alarm? Is it supposed to light up when you press the panel? I wonder if mine is broke.

David

From the AWI website:

PW TDS Alarm warns you when DI needs attention (red light)

I suggest that you send an email to AWI and ask them directly. That will not only get you the correct answer but will also start the ball rolling toward getting a replacement if the one you have is defective. They are usually very responsive to email and you should have an answer within one business day.

I won the $50 credit at the frag swap so I will probably use it toward the purchase of a booster pump.

What about the TDS alarm? Is it supposed to light up when you press the panel? I wonder if mine is broke.

David

Hello David,

The TDS alarm's light might not come on until after the TDS gets to a high level (15 ppm after the DI). This is because we had the TDS alarm calibrated differently for us. You can do a simple test: Take the probe out and put it in a glass of tap water and turn the alarm on. If the red light comes on, then it's working properly. You probably will never see the green light come on.

Regards,

Air, Water & Ice staff