T5 HO Lighting Arrangement

Vader

I'm looking for sugestions on the types of lighting I should have.

I have the T5 HO Tek-light 6 bulb system and I'm trying to decide on which bulbs to order. I'm thinking of 2 Aqua Blue 11,000k, 2 Midday 6000k, 1 Actinic +, and 1 Pure Antinic. The lights will be on timers where half of the lighting will start in the morning, then both stages will be on and half on to finish out the day. Also I'm thinking of using the brand Giesemann Powerchrome.

Morning:

1- 11,000K

1- 6,000K

Actinic

Day:

All Lights

Evening:

1- 11,000K

1- 6,000K

Pure Actinic

I plan on having SPS's and a clam in the tank once the system has fully cycled.

:eek: Mods: I ment to put this thread under "New to Hobby" Can it be moved there??

Edited by Vader

That would be a great combination for growth but fair warning that will make your tank VERY yellow/white. I say this from personal experience.

What combo would give me white with some blue ??

Personally, I'd copy this guy. Page two he gives his list of bulbs front to back.

You might ask him what he would use if he only had 6 to choose from?

:why:

Hands down the best tank I have seen using T5's.

Thats sweet looking, Thanks

On the tank I built has

VHO super actinic

Actinic Blue+

50/50

VHO super actinic

the tank is not very blue at all

Is there a thread that has a pic if it ?

cool.....I was tagging along with that thread....lighting looks good on that tank Thanks for the pic

I'm looking for sugestions on the types of lighting I should have.

I have the T5 HO Tek-light 6 bulb system and I'm trying to decide on which bulbs to order. I'm thinking of 2 Aqua Blue 11,000k, 2 Midday 6000k, 1 Actinic +, and 1 Pure Antinic. The lights will be on timers where half of the lighting will start in the morning, then both stages will be on and half on to finish out the day. Also I'm thinking of using the brand Giesemann Powerchrome.

Morning:

1- 11,000K

1- 6,000K

Actinic

Day:

All Lights

Evening:

1- 11,000K

1- 6,000K

Pure Actinic

I plan on having SPS's and a clam in the tank once the system has fully cycled.

:eek: Mods: I ment to put this thread under "New to Hobby" Can it be moved there??

I am setting up the same Tek 6 bullb T-5 system. What bulbs did u end up deciding on ?

I have no experience with T-5s and have no clue what combination to use. I prefer the tank to be more blue than yellow.

I'm still looking, but when I come up with an arrangement, I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

Since the plumbing is pretty much wrapped up, my next objective is to get this lighting down. After giving it some thought, I'm thinking I'll go with Giesemann, 2 Aquablue 11,000k, 2 Pure Actinic 6000k and 2 Actinic + 40% - 60%. After looking at many tanks and there lighting arraignment, I'm looking for a bluish/white color in the tank, but no yellow.