New camera

Clyde

I just got a used Olympus E-500 and I can not get a good pic of my tank. Any Idea of what settings to use. I am new to the SRL cameras. It came with a 14-45mm and 40-150mm lense. :cheers:

just play around with it and watch where you set it.... it took me 25 pics one night to get a pic of my clownfish.

i think it changes for somethings.... and some camera setting take pics differently depending on how the software is written for that particular camera.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but f-stop setting could be around 2.5 and iso could be round 200. thats why i play around with mine to get the best picture for my camera. i have an olympus and i think it has waaay to many adjustments.

another thing i do is look at the clubs pictures and see if they posted there setting while taking them and then try those settings on mine...kinda trial and error for me.

good luck!

cant wait to see some pictures

I'd go much higher on iso, SLR cameras handle the noise factor fairly well, so even shooting at ISO 800 will probably be okay. That'll allow you much faster shutter speeds and therefore decrease blur.

I'd stick to the 40-150mm lens, you can shoot farther from subjects and still have them fill the frame.