Science Fair Project.

capsfan

All right. Honors Biology Requires me to have a Science Fair project. This is what I have come up with. The plan is to have some sort of fast-growing softie under t-5's, power compact, and sunlight. Anybody know of a fast growing softy? I need several specimens. Maybe Mushies?

zoanthids or sacrophyton leathers would be good choices. Maybe a sinularia leather. All are cheap and you should be able to get free frags of them from members in the interest of education.

Green star polyps? Xenia?

All the ones you guys have listed look like some type colt corals. It seems like a better idea than some of the corals I had mentioned. I could probably get some frags from my lfs cheap. Maybe from the one in the giant shark tank. I know the owner and he would probably let me do it.

I keep meaning to bring my camera to the store to take some pics of the shark tank. I'm not sure how many gallons it is, but it is a BEAST. I'll try to remember to bring the camera next time I go.

Pull it apart, snip it with scissors, cut it with a razor blade, stick it in a blender... pretty much anything works with that and it can grow from a single polyp. With some of these they will also pinch off branches and frag themselves.

Chaeto. :) Fastest grower out there.

If not, I have plenty of xenia, anthelia, and some zoas that need to go. :)

Ooooh. I wish I lived closer to you!

I also have plenty of Xenia (longbar and pom-pom) growing all along my back wall. Should be easy to get out. I wouldn't mind fragging you some peices of my green branching bararrium either; I'm trying to get rid of it but dern it's a resilient little bugger. Even the smallest speck will regrow a colony in just a few days.

How much are you looking for? 3 of each?

^ yeah pretty much. I want to do three frags each under... Sunlight, t5's, and Compact fluorecent. The only problem is that I never get up toward where you guys live. I live like 2 hrs away. :cry: :cry: :cry:

^ yeah pretty much. I want to do three frags each under... Sunlight, t5's, and Compact fluorecent. The only problem is that I never get up toward where you guys live. I live like 2 hrs away. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well if you ever plan on making a trip up to NoVA, send me a PM. The Xenia's not going anywhere. It's like a "rabbit weed", it reproduces like crazy and the more you cut it back, the faster it grows.

• 1 month later...

anybody going to mr. coral this weekend? I could pick up some coral then.

GSP preferably. I need 9 1" frags.

Edited by capsfan

• 1 month later...