my 150

GaryL

full tank shot to start

Picture239.jpg

my crocea clam...i think it has a pinched mantle but its growing well

Picture220.jpg

on of my monti cap frag...can't tell why it started bleaching or if it was caused by the blenny

Picture224.jpg

the tank standard. isolated GSP

Picture227.jpg

not sure what this is... would appreciate an id

Picture230.jpg

frag from dbartco... tricolor i think

Picture228.jpg

big mama saying cheese while pb&j watches

Picture236.jpg

on of the surviving corals, i got this from chip way back in the day

Picture242.jpg

ozzie and harriet

Picture244.jpg

green shrooms from cowrie

Picture.jpg

still are a few more corals but thats all i have pics of now.

i know what you all are thinking..look at all the algae and aptasia.... :) working on it...stupid lazy pep shrimp.

Gary,

With TLC this tank is going to be awesome!

M

i hope so..i just need to get my s#&% together. the fuge with macro seems to help with the algae, but i need to change the filters in my RODI unit. i have been changing water about 5g once a week...i think i will make that 10 once a week or 5 2X a week.

oh and on the aptasia i have used kalk paste, joe's juice and aptasia x...i'm telling you these things are mutant aptasia. but they don't seem to stand up against the sinulara or the LTA

Beautiful big Mama. Love the pixes.

yeah she's my fav...got her from tgallo when he broke down his 300 waaay back. she eats like a pig and some of her poops are bigger than the clown fish.

Edited by GaryL

Why not add in a few berghia nudibranchs? They eat only aiptasia and do an excellent job of it, although it takes time. Whatever they end up missing will eventually be taken down by the peppermint shrimp (I would take a rock out and allow them to colonize it first, though, otherwise the peps might eat them first). I believe Marine Scene had some a while back, ask them in their forum. The knock on them is that they are too small, but they are super small and do a fantastic job, the only animal to eat ONLY aiptasia.

Why not add in a few berghia nudibranchs? They eat only aiptasia and do an excellent job of it, although it takes time. Whatever they end up missing will eventually be taken down by the peppermint shrimp (I would take a rock out and allow them to colonize it first, though, otherwise the peps might eat them first). I believe Marine Scene had some a while back, ask them in their forum. The knock on them is that they are too small, but they are super small and do a fantastic job, the only animal to eat ONLY aiptasia.

dave, thanks! would they be able to handle high flow or would they need a quarantine setup? hhhm maybe i have room in my fuge for them and can place a rock.

Nice set up, how many gallons is that and how many pounds of rock is in there?

Looks good Gary,

I got more stuff for you and you don't have to wait for christmas.

LMK

thanks chip i need to make a trip up, hopefully you can meet the new woman.

Nice set up, how many gallons is that and how many pounds of rock is in there?

its a 150 and i think around 150lbs of rock...i sold some off to a friend cause i thought i was going to down size...but my apt said i could keep it. now i live in a house and its going through early stages again. the equipment is in a 29g tall

Patience. That's all it takes. Keep up with your WC's and the algae will go away all by itself.

It's going to be a beautiful tank, Gary! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Are you running a phosban reactor?

well i made something to run carbon... and i ran phosphate sponge ere something like that from seachem but i dont think its ferric oxide(sp?) like rowaphos or phosban.

its 72" long 150g... its on a stand thats kinda boxed in. i need to take the time and money to rebuild the outer shell of it.

just 2 250w metel halide with 2 72" super actinic vho bulbs. 15w uv sterilizer, euro reef clone skimmer, blueline 1100nd for a closed loop. 2 tunze 6100 on a controller 29 gallon sump and a 5g refugium mounted above the tank with a 6500k compact florescent bulb for the macro.

here is some more pics

pocillapora from dbartco

Picture259.jpg

sump shot...or as i call it...the danger zone

Picture255.jpg

and an worm hitchiker that just popped out of no where

Picture258.jpg

They are not good with high flow, but they also will avoid it once they have been established and are attached. They can tackle the biggest and smallest aiptasia as well. Very cool to watch them eat - they move up to an aiptasia, tickle it with their antenna, then start to eat it when the aiptasia withdraws its tentacles into the body for protection. They will definitely get blown around by current, but again, once they are established, they can avoid the heavy current. The place I got them from before recommended keeping them separate and cycling rock through, but I would do that while at the same time allowing them enough time to lay eggs and have them breed in the rock.

They are not good with high flow, but they also will avoid it once they have been established and are attached. They can tackle the biggest and smallest aiptasia as well. Very cool to watch them eat - they move up to an aiptasia, tickle it with their antenna, then start to eat it when the aiptasia withdraws its tentacles into the body for protection. They will definitely get blown around by current, but again, once they are established, they can avoid the heavy current. The place I got them from before recommended keeping them separate and cycling rock through, but I would do that while at the same time allowing them enough time to lay eggs and have them breed in the rock.

cool thanks...i do have low flow areas with alot of aptasia in it, so it may be the perfect breeding ground...or i can set them up in the fuge area with a small rock with lots of aptasia.

sump shot...or as i call it...the danger zone

Picture255.jpg

Looks like a you have a patient undergoing open heart surgery :biggrin:

Love Big Mama. She looks very happy.

i hope she is...she is the only fish that will eat from my fingers, and she will bite sometimes too. its like being pinched by two pieces of sand paper. oh and she has cracked 2 bulbs :( but i wouldn't trade anything for her.

Edited by GaryL