DT's 15L Caribbean biotope

Setup a new tank the other day. The plan is to make this strictly a Caribbean biotope tank. I used alot of stuff I already.

Equipment-

15L tank-back painted black

10gal sump/fuge

4x24W T5HO

75w heater

Ocean runner 2500 pump

600 gph overflow

ATO with Reef fanatic controller

75W clamp light for the fuge

Livestock-

25lb LR from Sealifeflordia

20lb sand

Rics

Carb zoas

caribbean mushrooms

Gorgs

macroalgae

various snails

peppermint shrimp

emerald crab

Fish-

Pair of neon gobies

Pygmy angelfish

saddle blenny?

Picture947.jpg

Picture956.jpg

Picture955.jpg

Picture957.jpg

Picture961.jpg

Picture960.jpg

Picture959.jpg

Picture958.jpg

Liverock arrived today, lots of coraline and macros and a couple critters too. I found fireworms, pencil urchins and pistol shrimp. I got the rock from Sealifeflorida who puts rock in the ocean then sells it. So its not cured rock, but I want a true Caribbean biotope, so I took all the critters that came along with it.

Picture962.jpg

Picture963.jpg

Picture964.jpg

Picture965.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Developing nicely. It will be fun to watch the gorgonians grow. Not sure what kind of blenny that is in the photo, maybe a saddled blenny, but it's not a redlip.

• 4 weeks later...

Tank looks great, the progress shots really help. How are you choosing the corals that are fitting in your "biotope"? Also I'll give you a nickel if you paint that overflow box, it'd tie the whole thing together

Tank looks great, the progress shots really help. How are you choosing the corals that are fitting in your "biotope"? Also I'll give you a nickel if you paint that overflow box, it'd tie the whole thing together

hahaha tks, kinda late for that now. Basically stuff from lower Florida/west altantic/carribbean. The hard thing is to find any lps or sps from that region. So im gonna just keep adding some more caribbean zoas, rics, maybe a small flower anemone. If i can find someone who has some lps or sps that would be great.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It has been down since the end of Nov. I merged stuff from this tank and my 26gal into a 40br. It was a neat little tank, but I needed to upgrade the 26 and get rid of some tanks at the same time. Right now I have the 40br, AP24 and a 5.5gal in my daughters room.