24 gal nanocube?

Clyde

I might be getting a 24 gal nano cube. The ? is what can I keep in this tank with all stock parts? This is a used tank.

Thanks

There are a variety of lighting options available on these tanks. What does yours have? That's the single most important feature to determining what can go in.

Comp. Florecent

Since it's used, you'll want to try and find out how old the bulbs are. They need to be replaced about every 6 mos. I'm sure you knew that, but just reinforcing.

As far as stock, you can keep most LPS and softy corals. Low-light SPS are also possible high in the tank but it's hard to keep the water quality super high because there's no skimmer. Keep your bioload low and stay on top of water changes and it's not too hard to maintain.

I have heard that there problems with over heating. Is this true? this is the unit below

http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?...;Store_Code=aqb

PCs put off a fair amount of heat, but then so do all the bulbs when they don't get any air movement. I'd DIY a fan into the canopy (if heat is a problem for you). You've got a month or two of nothing but rock and water so you'll know if you need the fans before you put critters in the tank.

Nanotuners has some fan kits and other cooling devices for the DIYer that are designed to fit in most nano sized aquariums. I have their fan kit on my Nanowave 9 and the tank stays at 75 all the time. Only problem is the fans are pretty noisy. Gonna replace them with my old CPU fans from CoolerMaster. Also a friend of mine just took the canopy off his 24 gallon aquapod and bought a 24" HQI/T5 Outer Orbit and hung it over the top.

Clyde-

Not sure if this is an option for you, but have you looked at the finnex tanks? They look to have a lot more to them (unmodded) and would allow you to keep anything you wanted. See here:

http://www.aquacave.com/30-gal-m-tank-w-pr...xture-1931.html

If you get that, don't forget about the 5% off code from aquacave: RC5

Since it's used, you'll want to try and find out how old the bulbs are. They need to be replaced about every 6 mos. I'm sure you knew that, but just reinforcing.

As far as stock, you can keep most LPS and softy corals. Low-light SPS are also possible high in the tank but it's hard to keep the water quality super high because there's no skimmer. Keep your bioload low and stay on top of water changes and it's not too hard to maintain.

Hi

I have an Aquapod 24 and it gets hot. I did some reading and found that the JBJ is much better wrt heat, since it has external ballasts. The JBJ has 2 fans by default. The Aquapod come with one, but you can add another, which helps tremendously.

If you do or plan to do any mods to the canopy, keep me in the loop, as I really want to cut a part of the hood to allow a tzune skimmer to fit, but an not sure I can do a neat job.