RBTA question

I just bought the RBTA today & my Maroon Clown took right to it. I have noticed that the RBTA was looking great & then the clown started snuggling and now the RBTA has withdrawn & doesn't look so good. Is this normal. :why:

I just bought the RBTA today & my Maroon Clown took right to it. I have noticed that the RBTA was looking great & then the clown started snuggling and now the RBTA has withdrawn & doesn't look so good. Is this normal. :why:

Your clownfish can really love a small anemone to death. Our first anem went this way. If your 'nem hasn't had a chance to settle in and you can catch your clownfish, it might be something to consider. How big are the two animals, relative to each other?

something else to consider...

of all the clownfish, maroon clowns are the hardest on their hosts.

source of info: traveller7 @ WAMAS meeting. the only reason i heard was a result of the, "shhhh" police. :biggrin:

If your clown is like my Maroon, he would buffett it to death. He is about 2in and "bugs" our BTA that is 2x the size that Sonny has.

We thought about getting a RBTA, but figured we would have to keep it away from our clown till it got big enough, or leave the GBTA in there until the rose was big enough.

Hopefully he will notice the anenome isn't into it and leaves it alone, or isn't too rough with it until it gets bigger.

Hope it makes it I would capture the female until it sticks a foot down the other concern is does it keep moving over harasment causes hing to be unhappy and move:)

Is this normal. :why:

Totally, in fact it will shrink down to almost nothing at times. I have a killer article I'll send you on another PC I can't get to right now.

(edited)

The lights haven't come on yet & this RBTA is about 9". I thought it was just a litte guy when I bought it. tbittner had warned me that this may happen at the Mr. Coral Social. :biggrin: The Maroon Clown is only about 1.5" Everybody looks happy at this point. He is attached to the side of a steep rock face (My 110 g. tall has rocks from top to bottom. There is not much room at the bottom open area. I was thinking about giving him a piece of silverside, but I don't know what the consensus is on feeding him. Some say yes & other's say no. It would seem to me that something this big should get some additional food. I am going to need a name for this guy. :)

Edited by Highland Reefer

The lights haven't come on yet & this RBTA is about 9". I thought it was just a litte guy when I bought it. tbittner had warned me that this may happen at the Mr. Coral Social. :biggrin: The Maroon Clown is only about 1.5" Everybody looks happy at this point. He is attached to the side of a steep rock face (My 110 g. tall has rocks from top to bottom. There is not much room at the bottom open area. I was thinking about giving him a piece of silverside, but I don't know what the consensus is on feeding him. Some say yes & other's say no. It would seem to me that something this big should get some additional food. I am going to need a name for this guy. :)

We fed ours twice a week, and their tentacles always looked better afterwards. Feed small pieces, no bigger than the mouth opening can ingest.

Update on my RBTA is that he ate a piece of silverside no problem. He has a lot larger mouth than it looks. I was able to get a half way focused picture of him. You can barely see the Maroon clown at the bottom of the RBTA. He seems to be destroying the xenia next to him. I guess I might have to move the xenia stalk.

gallery_2631396_317_507216.jpg