Kauai and Oahu in HDR

dshnarw

(edited)

I'm finally getting back into the normal routine and had some time to edit photos from my honeymoon the first couple of weeks of June. These are single-image HDR photos (shot in raw, then processed for EV 0, +2, and -2 in my raw conversion software, and processed like HDR) - adds a little extra depth I think.

Kapaa, Kauai sunrise:

IMG_2806hdr.jpg

Hanalei, Kauai church:

IMG_3020hdr.jpg

Queens Bath, Kauai tide pools:

IMG_3070hdr.jpg

La'ie Point, Oahu:

IMG_3746hdr.jpg

Makapuu Point, Oahu:

IMG_3903hdr.jpg

Sunset from the tidepool at Shark's Cove, North Shore, Oahu:

IMG_4265hdr.jpg

IMG_4284hdr.jpg

from the Honolulu Zoo:

IMG_4436hdr.jpg

Edited by dshnarw

Your pictures are gorgeous!

And congratulations on your recent marriage, best wishes always.

Maureen

Guest Zimzdoodle

Congrats on your marriage :clap:

The pictures are just beautiful and I only wish to have that much talent.

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

~Steph

Congrats!!

...ah, too bad I don't know you and your wife that well or I'd have a great punchline for that last picture!

:lol2:

(edited)

Your pictures are gorgeous!

And congratulations on your recent marriage, best wishes always.

Maureen

Thanks on both accounts :)

Congrats on your marriage :clap:

The pictures are just beautiful and I only wish to have that much talent.

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

~Steph

Thanks! I'll offer myself as proof that anyone can take good pictures - after 10,000 photos in less than 4 months, some HAVE to end up turning out well :lol:

Very nice. Great pictures!

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

Thanks!

Congrats!!

...ah, too bad I don't know you and your wife that well or I'd have a great punchline for that last picture!

:lol2:

Thanks Howard...

Would have been a good punchline too :clap:

Speaking of which...I did have to crop that pic to keep it PG...monkeys have no sense of decency :lol2:

Edited by dshnarw

• 1 month later...

Sweet pics...

I might have to show the wife so we can get back there...

I miss Ka'anapali on Maui.

What kind of camera btw?

Nice work...hope you don't mind an observation (i am a photographer by trade) but some look to be out of gamut and might not print well. Congrats on your wedding!!!

Thanks for the comments :) I think it may be a side effect of the HDR process I've been using - I've noticed they don't print as well as the non-HDR versions. Maybe if I backed off the intensity in Photomatix it would help? Any suggestions/comments/criticisms are always welcome - I've only been doing this for a few months...TONS to learn still.

Daniel, your pictures are truely magnificent. You have a wonderful talent.

:cheers:

Thank you!

Just awe inspiring scenes and most importantly congratulations on your mariage. :clap:

Ron

They were MUCH more so in person...if ever I leave the WAMAS area, I hope it's bound for Hawaii.

Amber and I both thank you :)

Sweet pics...

I might have to show the wife so we can get back there...

I miss Ka'anapali on Maui.

What kind of camera btw?

Thanks! Good luck with that return trip...we're already planning our next one (hopefully Maui will be included - it's the only main island we haven't visited).

I have a Canon Powershot G9.

I stayed for 3 months on Oahu - didn't care for it. More of a concrete jungle unless you go to the "hidden spots".

Maui can be sort of the same if you stay in Lahaina, but more "Hawaiian" as far as I can tell. Same with my relatives since they live there, and on Big Island in Kailua-Kona.

I stayed for 3 months on Oahu - didn't care for it. More of a concrete jungle unless you go to the "hidden spots".

Maui can be sort of the same if you stay in Lahaina, but more "Hawaiian" as far as I can tell. Same with my relatives since they live there, and on Big Island in Kailua-Kona.

yeah...we felt the same about Oahu after only a day in Honolulu/Waikiki area. We stuck to the North Shore for most of the trip, and stayed in a cabin up there. That area was pretty nice, much more laid back and MUCH less crowded (except for Sunset Beach at sunset...which is a pitiful show compared to sunset at Shark's Cove). We're really in love with Kauai, since it's such a small-town atmosphere, even in Lihue and Kapa'a. If I had my choice, we'd end up in Kapa'a.