AC3 battery backup

kngfisher

How do you configure a power failure alarm on an AC3? Would like to utilize the power failed/Restored features but how?

Well here is the answer since my search turned up nothing....

built a pigtail from the following two parts sourced a radio shack

parts list

]1/8" mono phone plug [part number 274-288 pkg of 2]

9v battery snap connectors [part number 270-325 pkg of 5]

one 9volt battery

soldered red + to center pin

soldered black - to outside pin

attached 9 volt battery to pigtail and connected it to battery port of ac3

added the following lines to my config

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

If Power 000 Then T51 OFF

Max Change 015 M Then T51 ON

If Power 000 Then MH1 OFF

Max Change 020 M Then MH1 ON

works like a champ......I have it setup to turn on the T5s first then the MHs as to not turn back on everyting all at once....just a personal pref

note, you will still have to have a UPS/generator to power your router to keep you network alive....without network connection, email will not flow

Awesome...................

The one knfisher made for me worked like a champ also.

ALM text message to phone came within 45 seconds of installing and then disconnecting wall power.

I only used the code:

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

so it sends me the ALM on power failure.

Should the power fail, I'm calling Doug's wife to hook up my generator.

Thanks Jon,

I'm ready for my trips OOT

This is super cool. One question, I'm assuming the 9V battery is attached to the backup power plug/port on the AC3. Is it intended to power the AC3 for the duration of the outage? Or is it meant to power just long enough to get the e-mail out and register the power outage so the AC3 knows how to act once power comes back?

I was thinking about getting a 9V DC wall wort and pluging that into the network UPS so the AC3 would stay up. The programming you provided is exactly the info I needed.

Thanks.

This is super cool. One question, I'm assuming the 9V battery is attached to the backup power plug/port on the AC3. Is it intended to power the AC3 for the duration of the outage? Or is it meant to power just long enough to get the e-mail out and register the power outage so the AC3 knows how to act once power comes back?

I was thinking about getting a 9V DC wall wort and pluging that into the network UPS so the AC3 would stay up. The programming you provided is exactly the info I needed.

Thanks.

not sure how long the AC3 will run on just the batttery but my goal of this was just to get a message out re: a power outage. Yes, you could also get a 9V DC wall wort and pluging that into the network UPS. More then one way to skin the cat