The Reef Restaurant in DC

Tee

Many times, usually for a happy hour. I use to live in Adams Morgan, though I have not been there in some time. It use to be that most of the tanks were fish only, and there were a few corals in some of the tanks. One even had seahorses. From a trained eye, it always seemed that the tanks needed a little more maintenance, but then I met the girl who takes care of them (she volunteered at Inverts for a very short stint). She said that she knew she needed to come more often, but the owner (who was of course paying her) would not let her (=pay) come more often.

Again, I have not been there in about two years.

Cheers

Mike

I was there a couple years ago for late night drinks. It was so dark in there that I couldnt really see.

I was there a few months ago. if your going there for the tanks, you will be very disappointed. Overrun with hair algae. :(

That is too bad. In can be tough to keep a high end look on a shoe string budget.

Mike, Who was "the girl?" Would love it if you could pass along some contact info (mine to her or hers to me.) Always looking for good people to work with. Maybe we can help each other.

Phil

I was wondering about that place, I saw the actinic glow one night but have never gone by. I try to stay far away from Adams Morgan area. I prefer the public housing and high drug areas North and East of that location.

Maybe someday I'll go by.

I like Adams Morgan, but I guess it's not for everyone. I usually do some work at Tryst a couple times a week.

I've been to Reef a couple times. It's a decent watering place to meet people for drinks. The tanks aren't that bad, but they could be significantly improved with some more maintenance. The roof deck is VERY nice, though--gets packed pretty early in the evening on nice days. The nice thing about the Reef (the indoor portion) is that it's a very large space, so you can meet lots of people for drinks. I wouldn't go just (or mainly) to eat; it's just pub-type food, I think, but they have a good selection of beers and the ambience is decent.

I was wondering about that place, I saw the actinic glow one night but have never gone by. I try to stay far away from Adams Morgan area. I prefer the public housing and high drug areas North and East of that location.

(edited)

I prefer the public housing and high drug areas North and East of that location.

You out-of-towners are so bourgeois.

Edited by 143gadgets

(edited)

I prefer the public housing and high drug areas North and East of that location.

A lot of folks, including my wife, works very hard to assist children and families in these areas. Most of the people are hard working and, as you know, a few bad apples do not spoil the whole basket.

Edited by Antiguan

A lot of folks, including my wife, works very hard to assist children and families in these areas. Most of the people are hard working and, as you know, a few bad apples do not spoil the whole basket.

Yep me too, I work every day to improve the conditions in the Third District. I am a narcotics officer with the Third District and spend most of my time in the high drug areas (which is a good part of DC)

I knew a part owner of The Reef awhile back. It was an okay place the last time I was in there, but that was a few years ago. I haven't even been to Adams Morgan in 2 years at least so I can't speak on how it is doing now. Hope it's doing well. :cheers: