Ricordea's

CHUBAKAH

That's a crazy group buy. I don't know how you pulled it off but great work, Mark! :)

Kudos to CHUBAKAH!!!!

The group buy went well. I know I am happy with my rics. They have expanded and are looking great!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work and patience.

Ron

Hi. Four of mine are looking great, one not as well. That is my own fault. I tried to glue him to a rock and I'm not sure he liked it. It doesn't look bad, just not puffed up like the others. I'm sure he'll bounce back. Thanks so much for doing this group buy and it was a pleasure to meet everyone this morning.

Karen

I just got home from the Aquarium Company Grand Opening. I had them soaking in one of the sumps in the bags and they looked pretty good.

I will let you know tomorrow how they look after they have been in the tank a bit. I am sure they will look great.

Thanks again for heading this up.

Sandy

All of mine are opened up and look like they are doing just fine. Colors are still a bit muted, but that will get better with time. I noticed of few look like recent cuttings so they will have some extra healing to get over.

You did great work on this Mark...87 rics might be a record lol. Thank you..and it was nice to meet everybody.

_Matt

4 of my five are opening up.

Thanks again for taking care of the group buy!

And driving all that way to Tysons!

-Carl

Glad to hear for the most part they are doing great. I got stuck at that darn mall [who's idea was that anyway :cry: ] for about another 4 hours shopping with the wife [ :drink: ], and the four extras that were left seem to be doing fine.

I wouldn't recommend trying to pull off a group buy on livestock this large to everybody. I didn't really feel any stress until I got home, saw the box, and the bottom of it was a little damp. That part was a bit scary, but Chad had done a great job on the shipping, and it must have been sitting on something wet, or perhaps got wet from rain or something.

In any event, glad I got to experience what it's like to do one of these, and I "think' I'll do it again sometime with something else.

Some time down the road I would love to see some pictures of how the rics are doing. I'm interested to see who is the ultimate ric keeper!

Good luck everyone, and it was great to meet all of you!

Mark

All 5 of mine are doing great.... considering the tank semicrash I had. So far so good... keeping fingers crossed.

Ill post pics soon.

Thx Chubakah!

And thx Sandy for picking them up, great choices!!

All the ones I picked are fairly small - and I didn't get any of the rainbows (went blue in the first round, and all the rainbows were gone the second - I was picking about 10th, 20th, 30th) but they are open and happy and growing. I put them all on one rock - so I will be able to get some good pictures of them.

bob

I'm not so sure there were any rainbows. I was pick 3 and didn't see any.

Mine are small too, but they will grow, and I like to get them small to watch them grow. I love mine. They are all doing fabulously.

I will partcipate again. Thanks a bunch

Sandy

Thanks a lot, Mark. Mine look great and I've got a nice variety. We may all have different definitions of "rainbow", but I've got a couple with 2-3 color bands. I've also got 2 or 3 that are basically white with a hint of yellow or green. I can't wait to see if they change color.

I've got some in the sand and some attached to low rockwork. I'm worried flow might be a bit much, but we'll see.

I'd be happy to trade with people if/when they start replicating.

Mine are small too, but they will grow, and I like to get them small to watch them grow. I love mine. They are all doing fabulously.

Sandy

Edited by SteveD

OK...all 5 of mine are now doing well.

I have mine in tupperware sitting on a rock...hoping they will attach to the rocks...In the past I've used the rubberband thing...but I'm gonna try this for now.

And I am definately into swapping....Not sure how long it will take before they grow into something that we can cut in two...or wait until they swap.

-Carl

I'm hoping mine attach as well, but I only placed mine on some very textured rocks trying to accomplish a waterfall effect. I can home today to a couple of them moved, and they are out of the direct flow.

:why:

So long as they keep looking good I'll just let them grow where they lay.

Sandy

There were at least two rainbows... One got picked first round. I had the other one all picked out for my 2nd round - and someone one or two people ahead of me got it.

bob

I'm sure in a couple of months or so we'll all be trading rics and then we'll all have the same colors. What's a rainbow ric look like? I'm pretty new to ricordeas but love them, I got my first one from Lanman a few months ago which is now 6 rics, it's green with purple skin.

Wreck

I love ricordeas :)

The group buy was awesome! Really nice colors.

BUT picked up something even more amazing today at A1 - check this out. And after I cme home with it I found 3 babies on the rock. :clap:

gallery_760_157_641454.jpg

gallery_760_157_151807.jpg

Edited by dzekunoi

Cool, I'll be over next week :) . Do ricordias have fancy names like zoas or are they just named by color?

Wreck

Sure, when it grows a little.

My group buy 'ric rock':

ricrock.jpg

One you can't see well on the right side; but soon, they will cover the whole rock, right?

bob