Want to Frag the right way

bamainva

Well...the easiest way to say it...I have some stuff that I need to frag and have never done it before. Was wondering if there is anyone who has done this before in the Haymarket area that wouldn't mind assisting with this. Whatever is fragged you can take home with you...:-) if you would like it. I have a finger leather, Xenia and some GSP that need to be cut back. Also, some mushroom rock that from what I have read you really just cut them. I am sure it is an easy process but would really appreciate it if someone could walk me through the first couple. I don't want to do anything incorrectly.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

just cut or rip it. I promise you it will survive.

Wear gloves and eye protection remove said softie from the water or do it in tank:) easier out of water.. but some stuff you can't get out! Take a CLEAN fresh razor blade out of the package... cut whatever you want.. just make sure you get one feeding mouth per piece if you want it to survive? Xenia is easiest to practice on thats what I learned on... mushrooms are cool because if you slice them off sometimes they regrow on the rock! I let my stuff float around in a upside down shell until it roots if you have more flow you may need to read about using a bowl and some mesh! If its a zoo you can use super glue to hold it down... what kind of mushrooms do you have? I can probably make it out to haymarket to help. but Id don't think you need it:) as for the green star poylp I have never fragged it I keep it alone on an island :) I've heard its a terrible thing when it spreads! The second part is alot harder What do you do with your frags:) Local pet store donation ... give them to the freebie table at wamas meetings... see if someone is setting up a new tank on wamas and needs a testor coral... I used to get trade in coupons from dave at centerville that could later be used to buy live food!