How to get my BTA to move?

bk_market

I have a huge RBTA that is attached to under one of my rock ledge. On each side is the openning so he could pick to come out on either way. He decide to get all his tentacle out facing the back of the tank instead of the front.

I wanted him to stay at the same spot but instead of bending the body inside through the cave openning facing the back of the tank I want him to go to the front.

What do you guys recommend? I was thinking of shading that part of the tank so he get uncomfortable and turn the other way.

It might just turn itself back around if you turn it. Can you not see it at all, even through the end of the tank?

I can see the anemone from the side but I want t be able to view it from the front.

If it in the back of the tank then it like have no anemone at all.

Guest webshout

I've read, here and elsewhere, that you can direct a powerhead in the nem's direction to encourage movement.

HTH

W.

i was thinking of powerhead but i only have koralia 4 and i think it might be too strong for the anemone, adding the problem of sand blowing up as the anome is right next to sandbed. I also dont want it to move it foot but want it to open up in the morning on the opposite side of the ledge.

Right now im shading the whole side with the anemone but im afraid it might die of lacking light before it move to where i want.

I just moved a condi anemone from one tank to another today. I tried holding ice against the foot, went through over ten cubes with no success. Then i tried blowing it with a powerhead,seaflo mod MJ, that was just totally torturing it, practically blowing it's tentacles off but still didn't release. I finally just removed the large rock it was attached to out of the tank, chipped some of the rock with a hammer and chisel and then used more ice to get the anemone to release fully. I put him in my other tank and he attached to some rock immediately, so I guess he's ok.

In your case I would probably try covering the side your don't want him to come out of with some rock, then maybe he'll move to the other side. good luck.

Wreck

If you're comfortable handling it then remove it from the rock using a credit card, but BE CAREFUL. Then place it exactly where you want it to be. BTAs won't move if you put them in a good spot. I've placed mine exactly where I want them each time. They attach to the rock immediately and don't move.

i will try the shading method for 1~2 days. i assume they wont die because of lackof light for 2 days.