Clogged Drain Line

dhogan

I believe one of my 1 inch pipes is clogged.... any ideas on how I should try to get in unclogged? It's still working, but the emergency drain is now being used because of it. I am guessing its likekly some macroalgae or something, not a snail. What do you guys think I should do? I was thinking of trying some draino.

I believe one of my 1 inch pipes is clogged.... any ideas on how I should try to get in unclogged? It's still working, but the emergency drain is now being used because of it. I am guessing its likekly some macroalgae or something, not a snail. What do you guys think I should do? I was thinking of trying some draino.

When my overflow pipe was clogged with green algae, I just tied a ball of paper towel to a string and pushed it down with a coat hanger... that seems safer than draino- even if it is a drain.

Whenever I need to clean a line I like to drop a fishing line with a sinker through or force it down with a piece of rigid tubing or wooden dowel (be creative) then attach a heavier line/cord with a nylon pot scrubber on the end and pull it through the tube. Works every time. :biggrin:

Buy a pipe reemer. SInce this is a biig pipe, you may need to go to a store that sells coffee pots They may have brushes for bigger tubes.

Here is a place I found on line: http://www.justmanbrush.com/catalog/plugin...tems/browse.asp

You can find similar brushes where babies' bottles are sold in Toy-R-Us, a drug store or grocery store.