Oh so elegant...

gastone

Thanks to Sean at F&F I finally have the cataphylia I've wanted for the past 5 years. I never wanted to pull the trigger as indo elegances have had dismal survival rates in that time, but with the trade gates open from Australia... well, you decide:

elegance2.jpg

elegance1.jpg

elegance3.jpg

G.

helluva coral, is it gonna kill everything else?

I'm usually pretty adept at killing everything by my lonesome. I don't need no stinkin' coral to do my work for me.

That's nice find Gas,

Fast grower and HOT.

We used to hold them over aptasia to try and sting them.

I've had it for a week. First I hope it survives, growth would be nice after that.

wow what a beautiful piece!!!!!

Thanks Steffie... and welcome to the club.

wow, how big is it?

Connor

It's not linear at all, kinda curvy like. I'd say you could fit it into a 7"x3"x3" box when it's completely retracted. Expanded it's quite a bit bigger.

Beauty, eh? Nice green.

Hope it grows and thrives....

...and provides frags for me.

Sweet! That's an awesome piece! By the way, if you were in Ashburn, you should have stopped by to pick up that skimmer! Or did you forget your keys again and end up not being able to get into your car, forcing you into backpacking home with the elegance in your pocket? ;)

By the way, whoever has the Village Idiot's keys, please let me know, I'm sure that you and I would both benefit from a frag of that awesome elegance!

Seriously, though, awesome coral. How far does it expand when open?

Beauty, eh? Nice green.

Hope it grows and thrives....

...and provides frags for me.

Dave, I'm already eye-balling it and thinking, "Yeah, I can cut off a couple of nice size polyps from there...and there... and..."

Sweet! That's an awesome piece! By the way, if you were in Ashburn, you should have stopped by to pick up that skimmer! Or did you forget your keys again and end up not being able to get into your car, forcing you into backpacking home with the elegance in your pocket? ;)

By the way, whoever has the Village Idiot's keys, please let me know, I'm sure that you and I would both benefit from a frag of that awesome elegance!

Seriously, though, awesome coral. How far does it expand when open?

It's pretty big when exapanded. I'd say 10"x5"x4".

And that's the Dremel bit I was telling Chip and Johnny about. I've been using one of those bits for several months now, having cut several coral and even more live rock and there is no sign that it is wearing down at all. The cuts are wider than with a diamond bit but the bit is more durable and the price is much better.

And that's the Dremel bit I was telling Chip and Johnny about. I've been using one of those bits for several months now, having cut several coral and even more live rock and there is no sign that it is wearing down at all. The cuts are wider than with a diamond bit but the bit is more durable and the price is much better.

I love that bit. It is great for fragging all sorts of corals. (Just make sure you take the coral out of the tank first. I don't think the Dremmel is water proof)

I have a wet tile saw that i used to frag another aussie elegance sold 3 of the 4 frags the 4th is here and eats two whole krill every second or third day!!! I love the tile saw for fragging!!!

Sean