Microbubbles

ASaleem91

(edited)

As some of you know, recently I tore my tank down and set it back up. On my old setup I never had any problems with microbubbles, but on this one I do. The microbubbles are definitely coming from my Euro Reef CS8-2. I just dont know how to stop them from coming. The Euro Reef also has a gate valve mod, if that makes a difference :biggrin:. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can stop them?

Thanks,

Ali

Edited by ASaleem91

Quick and easy way is to use a filter sock on the outflow of the skimmer. A more permanent way is to put baffles in your sump. You could also put a "T" on the outflow of the skimmer and put it right near the top of the water in the sump. That way water shoots across the top and less microbubbles are dispersed into the water column. I've never used that, but I've seen people suggest it to others with your dilemma.

... A more permanent way is to put baffles in your sump. ....

My sump is a 30 Breeder with foam-like material inserted to serve as a baffle ... no silicone, no glass/plexiglass. It took 3 minutes to measure, cut, and insert into place.

I purchased the baffle material at

http://www.exoticaquatics.com/

gallery_687_344_10521.jpg

Larger image showing blue baffle material to separate skimmer generated bubbles from rest of sump and return pumps.

gallery_687_344_5672.jpg