Petco has done it again.

steveoutlaw

I was just at the Petco in Woodbridge and they have a couple of large carpet anemones. The poor things both looked like they were turning inside out......there was stuff coming out of their mouths.

On a funnier note, it looks like they are also trying to sell live rock. A piece the size of 2 oranges was going for $35.

what is death co charing for said anems? unfortunately the managers don't have an option on what they order they get to pick and choose in certian catagories but are told to order things like anems, and large tangs, and clams, and the like... ~jason the filter freak (sorry wrong log in)

Edited by mexicanjavafish

I was just at the Petco in Woodbridge and they have a couple of large carpet anemones. The poor things both looked like they were turning inside out......there was stuff coming out of their mouths.

On a funnier note, it looks like they are also trying to sell live rock. A piece the size of 2 oranges was going for $35.

Sneak a little 'sticky' on there - that says I'll sell them a piece the size of two GRAPEFRUITS for that price...

bob

what is death co charing for said anems? unfortunately the managers don't have an option on what they order they get to pick and choose in certian catagories but are told to order things like anems, and large tangs, and clams, and the like... ~jason the filter freak (sorry wrong log in)

I used to work for PETCO in aquatics - the managers picked to order whatever they wanted within the categories, meaning they do have the option of chosing the species that are most likely to survive. They did not order anything like nems or liverock when I was there, but everything in those tanks died anyway, because a guy who only worked one or two days a week, had 3 separate instances of flooding the tanks with fresh water - put in the hose and walked away for however long it took the water to measure zero salt... and no one else in the store noticed!

I looked at the saltwater livestock in the Rockville PETCO last week - very sickly fish.

Funny you mention this.

A few weeks ago I saw a half dozen very large carpets in the Petco on Rt 1 in Alexandria.

They looked great. In fact, I went back a few days later because I had decided to buy one.

Too late. They were all on death's door at that point. Gotta strike fast. I do have livestock I've bought from Petco (in fact I once had an Achilles for over a year I got there).

tim

Funny you mention this.

A few weeks ago I saw a half dozen very large carpets in the Petco on Rt 1 in Alexandria.

They looked great. In fact, I went back a few days later because I had decided to buy one.

Too late. They were all on death's door at that point. Gotta strike fast. I do have livestock I've bought from Petco (in fact I once had an Achilles for over a year I got there).

tim

Find out what day they get the delivery, go that day before they put the livestock in the tanks, while it's still in the shipping bags. If you're going to buy from there due to it costing less, that's the way to do it.