Coral Recommendations

newfish

I was just wondering what everyone thought would be some good coral recommendations and coral type recommendations for my tank.

I currently have some zoas and a small ricordia. Also have some pulsing xenia and GSP that I am keeping confined the best I can.

I have 4x24 w T5s.

I would rather stay away from stuff like kenya and things that spread like wild fire.

I have had rocommendations of some Monti.

Anything else?

If you have some for sale/trade/free please let me know. :biggrin:

Thanks

Josh

Edited by newfish

Josh,

You can try Montipora plate coral. It's an SPS and an easier to care for SPS. If your water is clean, it will be a fast growing SPS type with very colorful orange or green type. Most people will have frag of them for $5-$10/frag or even giving out free at the meet.

If you can't find at the meet, I can give you a frag of each type and try them out. Let me know next week and I'll frag out to let them heal.

KLee

Hey Josh, if you want to get into SPS I would also suggest Montiporas and "Green Slimer" Acropora. Put the Acro up high in the tank. Make sure your alk and calcium are good and these are easy SPSs.

I'd suggest the branching Monti rather than the plating in a small tank because the plating, given fair conditions, quickly takes-up alot of real estate; just my opinion.

Edited by Larry Grenier

I have a number of beginner corals in my frag tank -- plating monti, digi, leathers, frogspawn, zoas. I can't make it to the mtg but if you still need something, I'm in Vienna.

I have 4x24 w T5s.

If you have some for sale/trade/free please let me know. :biggrin:

Thanks

Josh

Josh,

See my post in the Meeting trades/sales post under RIOREEF. I will have plently of these corals at the meeting. If you can not make it, let me know and arrangements can be made, I live in Ashburn. All my corals are under T5's as well.

Chris

Edited by rioreef