what ur experience with angels in reef?

bk_market

Im looking for an angel fish for my reef tank. I know it usually a hit or miss but for a mostly sps tank what do you recommend?

Im looking at flame, potter, majestic, regal, emperor.

I dont have any personal experience with angels in a sps tanks but i will be getting one for my 92 gallon sps tank when it is set up so ive been doing some research. From what ive read if you get an angel for a reef tank it is very important to keep it well feed so that it doesnt get a tast for corals.

Connor

I have a Flame in my 110 and before him I had a Half Black. The Half Black was a pretty bad nipper and I sold him to get the Flame. The Flame has been in the tank about a year and for the most part leaves everything alone although he does occasionally nip. I think all the dwarf angels are pretty reef safe but they all seem to nip at times.

I have a Coral Beauty - never nips at corals. BUT - he grew up in a FOWLR tank - no corals. So maybe he doesn't associate corals with something good to eat. I've seen him 'lick' my clam a couple of times - but never took a bite.

bob

I've a flame and a majestic living in a mixed reef tank. They don't bother any SPS or even large crocea and a maxima already in the tank before purchased them. However, I put an elegance coral in after they have established their territory then the flame started nipping at the elegance coral, and the majestic follows the flame footstep. The elegance is all gone within 3 days. I would not recommend to put angel together with any sponge LPS such as elegance, open brain, etc....

Other than that, it's fine with SPS I think. So far so good for me.

I have a pair of flame angels and and emperoter(sp) in my 210. They have given me no problems with my corals. My emperor has now become an adult and is somewhat aggresive towards my other fish.

I have a Flame Angel and a Bi Colored Angel in a 75 gallon. Other than the Bi Colored showing the Flame whos boss of the tank every once in a while, I have no problems.

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean