profile - PLEASE FIX THIS

treesprite

Would someone please tell me why the heck this board is showing all my info - address, phone # & all

AND FIX IT SO IT STOPS????

I am very ticked off about this!!!

Would someone please tell me why the heck this board is showing all my info - address, phone # & all

AND FIX IT SO IT STOPS????

I am very ticked off about this!!!

??? I can't see it...

bob

Forrest all i can see is

Grandmaster Reefer

Group: WAMAS Member

Member No.: 1,671

What you're seeing is olny visible to you all that can be seen by the rest of us is

Grandmaster Reefer

Group: WAMAS Member

Member No.: 1,671

There have been several people asking about this already in other threads. Changes are being made to the board to help automate the sign up, renewal and account management processes. The personal information you are seeing is only visible to you, the officers and admins. Other users only see your location (e.g. "Somewhere in NOVA") and even then only if you specifically populated that field in your profile. Your personal information is and will remain hidden from the public.

There have been several people asking about this already in other threads. Changes are being made to the board to help automate the sign up, renewal and account management processes. The personal information you are seeing is only visible to you, the officers and admins. Other users only see your location (e.g. "Somewhere in NOVA") and even then only if you specifically populated that field in your profile. Your personal information is and will remain hidden from the public.

More info: http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19543

More info: http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19543

Thank Goodness!

So does that mean I should go back and put my real info in? I changed it thinking everyone was seeing my personal info. We have had some ongoing hacker problems here and my first thought was that it was related to that.

Thank you for explaining this what's going on.

Yes, that would be a good idea. The information is used to send out new membership cards, email notifications upcoming meetings, to call you if there is an urgent need to do so, etc.

Bob - I tried to update my profile (add my website) and got an error saying I didn't know what I was doing.

Any ideas??

Well, never mind!! Today I can do it.... Sheeeesh... cantankerous danged machines!

bob

Edited by lanman

Bob - I tried to update my profile (add my website) and got an error saying I didn't know what I was doing.

Any ideas??

Well, never mind!! Today I can do it.... Sheeeesh... cantankerous danged machines!

bob

Bob - quit trying to cause trouble!

(edited)

Yes, that would be a good idea. The information is used to send out new membership cards, email notifications upcoming meetings, to call you if there is an urgent need to do so, etc.

This must be a joke. I went to put the info back and that section isn't there anymore so I can't put it back to the real info.

Edited by treesprite