position of overflow box

treesprite

I am wondering what is the best position for my overflow box. The box is I think 10" long and the tank is a 65g which is 36" long. My sump is on the floor along side of the tank not directly below it, so I have the overflow box in the corner. Is this arrangement reasonable? I bought the box used and the guy had put putty (which is hard now of course) around one of the connections of a hose to the bulkhead because the fit was slightly off, so if I move the box I would either have to find way to break off the putty to replace the hoses because otherwise they are too short, or extend the hose but I'm not sure how to do that if even possible (ok, total noob in this area). Also, I have a closed loop around top of tank which has to be routed around the overflow box, so that also is a factor to consider in this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Not sure if I can picture the putty/hose problem....the only general guideline for an overflow box is that if you have surface flow, it should be directed at the overflow box, so you get maximum surface skimming.

HTH,

-R

ok I'll leave it where it is... I've got plenty of current with powerheads and will have better distribution of it with loop when the pump arrives.