ugly reef tank

martin

gallery_615_313_1354019.jpg

My temp. set up while my wife and I buy a house. Works well, looks bad.gallery_615_313_363166.jpg about 6months of growth from small frags.gallery_615_313_1014416.jpg Happy fish, they don't care about looks. The tang is about 4yrs, copperband around 3yrs.

checkout the sump action 1:1 ratio.

Martin,

I don't see any problem? Looks great. Are all those corals from those little stick frags you had about a year and a half ago? Great growth! :biggrin:

some are younger than that, about 6mnths. The staghorn grows too much, as well as the plate corals. The reef isn't ugly, at least I don't think so, just the physical setup.

I hadn't thought about the 10x (more or less) growth of my 18m corals.

Its whats on the inside that counts. Fish and corals are healthy, so you're doing something right. The pics don't give the tank justice. That milli is awesome looking. Can't wait to get a frag of it.

well, for a temp tank it looks good. Can't wait to see the permanent one after you move

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to set up a longer term tank, planning it now with a set budget. Its going to be in the family room so the set up needs to look good. Same critters and corals though.