aquariumspecialty.com

trble81

Has anyone ordered from Aquarium Specialty before? Was looking around for stuff and noticed that they have some pretty good prices (especially for AC controllers, for instance).

I personally haven't ordered from them...

Thanks very much.

--Mike

I ordered quite a few things from them. Prices were very good, quick shipping, no real problems. He drop ships from a variety of different places rather than having a large amount of stock on hand, at least for many of the items I ordered so I wouldn't be surprised if it's for everything he sells. Spoke with the owner a couple of times, he can be a jerk - was offended when I was trying to take bids from various stores when ordering about $4k in equipment, looking for the best deal and to buy everything from one place. I figured it was an off day, but I saw this same attitude come across in the vendor forum over on RC.

Gotcha.

I came across the site in Marine Fish magazine and when I looked it up, I noticed the pretty good prices. Kind of wanted to know if this place was legit or if the deals would be too good to be true...

I ordered a light fixture from them a year ago, but nixed the transaction b/c the supplier was on back-order for a month and I found a barely used fixture on here. But the guy was apologetic and, as someone else has said, very professional and customer-oriented about it. At least at the time, the site seemed to focus on more high-end stuff, and had competitive prices, as far as I could tell.

I'm checking out those LED lights; it's exciting to see prices coming down on those, albeit slowly. Can't wait until they're accessible to more of us...

Has anyone ordered from Aquarium Specialty before? Was looking around for stuff and noticed that they have some pretty good prices (especially for AC controllers, for instance).

I personally haven't ordered from them...

Thanks very much.

--Mike

I ordered a Bubble King Mini 160 from them before Christmas. When it arrived it was a Bubble King Mini 180. If my sump was big enough to hold the 180 then I would have been excited. Anyway, I called them and they were very helpful. He sent me the 160 that day and I had it 2 days later. And he gave me his UPS account number and all I had to do was drop the 180 off at UPS.

Over all I was happy with the experience. Mistakes happen and they were very quick to resolve it. I would order from them again.

Brad