Do I have to frag mushrooms or will they split heads?

gmubeach

I got a bunch of single polyp mushrooms of all colors from a frag pack(drmac) and I know nothing about them as for now I left them alone, but now they are about the size of a half doller and growing... will they split and make a new feed mouth or do I have to frag them for them to multiply. Curenlty fragging softies and zoo's and loving it but I don't want to damage a nice 1/2 doller piece mushroom anyway from how it sounds you can put them in a blender! so I don't know any advice would be appreciated!

I have never cut them up over the years.

What I like to do is go to a store and look for small specimens or in this case a single or two mushrooms. Real cheap this way. Then wait. Kinda like planting a garden.

I have started with two shrooms and now I have over 50 in about 2 years, scattered throughout the tank.

cool they keep getting bigger and bigger! I hope they split soon. Thanks for the info

If you'd like to speed the process along, just get an exacto knife and cut it right down the middle (or in quarters, like a pizza) right on the rock. Otherwise, hang tight and they will do their thing.

Tracy

Cool, I am working on my grammer/written English skills this week. Trying something new by rereading mulitple times and using spell and grammer correcting softwear. I really need to improve in this area in that it is probably my weekest area of study. Thanks for all the responses Troy

As for the mushrooms I think I will leave them alone until they bud. Once split, I am going to frag them and move them so I can cover my tank. I currenlty have blue, purple, bright red/orange, blue and torquised stripped, blue spoted, and green. All of which are only single polyps, but they look very nice in a nano. Thanks again for the adivice, Troy

I've cut some of mine, let most of mine go. They do very well no matter what though in my systems. I've cut them and let them float around in the current just for fun to watch them plant so its ummm "natural."

Can't let stuff float in my tank it would end up where there is no light:) I have a really big cave .... anyway thanks for the info!