Aiptasia made Zoanthids close?

Tee

I have a small rock with some Zoanthids. Lately, it's close and unhappy. I see two Aiptasia Anemone grow on that rock. Is it why my Zoanthids close?

The other Zoanthis on other rock are doing just fine. darn, I hate the Aiptasia so bad. What can I do to make my Zoanthids open up again?

Thanks,

Tee

I have a small rock with some Zoanthids. Lately, it's close and unhappy. I see two Aiptasia Anemone grow on that rock. Is it why my Zoanthids close?

The other Zoanthis on other rock are doing just fine. darn, I hate the Aiptasia so bad. What can I do to make my Zoanthids open up again?

Thanks,

Tee

I don't know if Aitapsia can or do cause your zoanthids to close up. To get rid of aitapsia, I heard that joe's juice or straight kalwasser injection will get rid of them. You might also want to take a look at your water quality as that could be a reason why your zoanthids aren't opening like they should be. Just a thought.

James

Yeah, I plan to inject lemon juice to kill the Aitapsia. My water is fine, the other Zoanthids are open up and happy. Just this one next to the darn Aitapsia Anemone. Stuff that I want to grow won't grow, stuff that don't want to grow, grow like crazy. darn the Aitapsia to H-E-double hocky sticks.

Tee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if Aitapsia can or do cause your zoanthids to close up. To get rid of aitapsia, I heard that joe's juice or straight kalwasser injection will get rid of them. You might also want to take a look at your water quality as that could be a reason why your zoanthids aren't opening like they should be. Just a thought.

James

Apstasia will not cause the zoanthids to close unless it's actually touching them.

I've seen one crop up in my eagle eyes zoos and the zoos were fine with it... they did close up when I kalked it thought (they probably got a little kalk themselves and didn't like it).

Dave

Apstasia will not cause the zoanthids to close unless it's actually touching them.

I've seen one crop up in my eagle eyes zoos and the zoos were fine with it... they did close up when I kalked it thought (they probably got a little kalk themselves and didn't like it).

Dave

Maybe different types of zoanthids react differently to them. I have some colonies in which only the polyps actually touching and aiptasia will close, but I also have at least one other in which a couple of aiptasia will cause the whole colony to remain closed.

I had this same problem of an aip nem growing out of some zoas. I was going to shoot kalk into it, but I was too busy day after day, then suddenly the aip vanished and the zoas started opening back up. The only thing I did was push the zoas into the shade but I don't think that would have killed the aip, so maybe the zoas killed it?

I had this same problem of an aip nem growing out of some zoas. I was going to shoot kalk into it, but I was too busy day after day, then suddenly the aip vanished and the zoas started opening back up. The only thing I did was push the zoas into the shade but I don't think that would have killed the aip, so maybe the zoas killed it?

prolly grew over it? I have a bunch of zoas on a tonga rock, and there were a few aptaisas, but now they're mysteriously gone as well.

prolly grew over it? I have a bunch of zoas on a tonga rock, and there were a few aptaisas, but now they're mysteriously gone as well.

so maybe the real problem (at least in cases of certain zoas?) is one of the aips spreading from that piece rather than it bothering the zoas. It would be interesting to learn if certain zoas would be beneficial in getting rid of aiptasia or at least limiting its spread

what about berghia nudibranches to control aiptasia? http://www.berghia.net/marketprice.html

Edited by treesprite