Location of torch and hammerhead coral

jnguyen4007

I've had a torch kill part of a hammer before...just watch it.

Dave

I've had a torch kill part of a hammer before...just watch it.

Dave

Uh Oh. Now I'm getting worried. I have two heads of the hammer head. One of the head is within striking distance of the torch. How do I know when it needs to be moved? If the hammer head remains close most of the time, is that a good indication that it needs to be moved then?

James

Uh Oh. Now I'm getting worried. I have two heads of the hammer head. One of the head is within striking distance of the torch. How do I know when it needs to be moved? If the hammer head remains close most of the time, is that a good indication that it needs to be moved then?

James

Could be, could also be other factors. In my experience, both of them will send out sweeper tentacles that will kill the other coral, so I would move it and see if it recovers.

James

If the head that is closer to the Torque then Yes. If both heads are closed then may be it does not like your water so far, still adjusting to new water parameters.

It should be easy enough to separate them so do so and see if the hammer improves.

Dave

so far, both the torch and the hammerhead are opening up fully. I see the torch extends some of its tentacles out to sweep the water, but they tend to stay to the side away from the hammerhead. If I see that it becomes a problem, I will definitely move one of them away. Thanks.

James