BRK a LONG hike...

FishWife

between or near BRK to G'berg? I'd pay gas one way to not have to make the two-way trip. We need a couple of items for a tank start up, any time in the next seven to ten days. Anyone?

between or near BRK to G'berg? I'd pay gas one way to not have to make the two-way trip. We need a couple of items for a tank start up, any time in the next seven to ten days. Anyone?

I may be going soon to get a fish. I wasn't planning to do it for about 3 more weeks, but maybe could do it next week if the fish I want is there. My planning needs to be around traffic because 66 is a killer.

I can ship ups, and if its light stuff it will cost much less than the gas to get here.

Dave BTW your fan is ordered and will be drop shipped.

john

Three bags of sand :blush: and some fish food. Forrest, that would be GREAT. PM me and we'll see if we can get together on this.

Three bags of sand :blush: and some fish food. Forrest, that would be GREAT. PM me and we'll see if we can get together on this.

ah, yea, the sand is gonna cost ya....anything but sand....

Ewwww.... shipping on sand would be... 'prohibitive'.

bob

so when is the best time to go out of a Fri and Sat based on Rte 66? I need to find out if John will have the fish there.

I need to go tomorrow - fish is there but will probably be gone if I don't get there as soon as I can!

But you asked as if the choices were Friday and Saturday. :why:

Ah, the mysteries that PMs create!

Oh, is there anyone else in G-burg who needs something from BRK, or wants to come along?

Edited by treesprite

It's going to be hard to predict traffic on 66 this Friday. Normally I'd say that you want to be off 66 by at least 2:30 PM on Fridays if you want to avoid traffic. This is a holiday weekend though and a lot of people are taking off or will be leaving work early.

Hey guys, don't go 66. It will just take you awhile. Go the following way.

1. Either take Whites Ferry to route 15 just North of Leesburg or go the other way to get on 15 at Point of rocks.

2. Follow 15 past the outlet malls. 15 turns in to Route 7. You will continue pass the redlight at Sycoline Road.

3. Continue on Rt 7 for about another 1/2 mile or so. Take the Leesburg exit to Rt 15. It's past where the Greenway dumps on Route 7. It's not that first exit in the weaving lane, but the one right after it.

4. Continue on that road exiting Leesburg (road is still Route 15).

5. Maybe 14 miles or so you will see a sign for 234. 234 will be on your left with a 7-11/Citgo gas station at the corner.

6. BRK will be on your left a few miles later.

This will be much quicker than taking 66. It's about 45min from Germantown to Leesburg (going 10 over) and then BRK is probably another 20 min from Leesburg.

Anyone that need something from BRK, PM me. I'm going to Richmond for Xmas and you guys can pick up stuff from me on the 27th from my work in Germantown.

I'll have to keep those directions in mind for next time I go. Traffic was awful. I got on 270 around 11:45 and didn't get home until like 3:45... I was at the store for like 15 minutes and the rest was driving, er, sitting, er driving....

I always take highway 15 when I travel to and from Fredericksburg. Anything to stay off the beltway and well away from the 270 spur.

Actually though, 4 hours probably isn't that bad considering this is the heaviest traffic day of the year. It was real ugly by around 5PM!

:drink: