Euro Reef skimmers

albatross666

I have been looking to upgrade my coralife 65 and 125 skimmers. Both are comparable running in a 55 gallon tank. I need something more effective, since my water looks clear, but when I remove it from the tank, its a very slight but visible yellow.

I am looking at buying a used Euro Reef skimmer, since I know someone using the 100 gallon version in a 65 gallon tank

Do members here have experience with the skimmer? Would an 80 gallon version work or should I just get the 100 gallon version?

I only have 5 fish (2 clowns, 2 gobies, and 1 3 inch angelfish) along with a 8-10 frags of corals.

Any recommendations on Euro Reef?

I have been looking to upgrade my coralife 65 and 125 skimmers. Both are comparable running in a 55 gallon tank. I need something more effective, since my water looks clear, but when I remove it from the tank, its a very slight but visible yellow.

I am looking at buying a used Euro Reef skimmer, since I know someone using the 100 gallon version in a 65 gallon tank

Do members here have experience with the skimmer? Would an 80 gallon version work or should I just get the 100 gallon version?

I only have 5 fish (2 clowns, 2 gobies, and 1 3 inch angelfish) along with a 8-10 frags of corals.

Any recommendations on Euro Reef?

Euro-reef skimmers are very effective in skimming your system, I have been using them for years...

I suggest you go with an RS80 if you can find one used, but if you have one rated for 100 gallons thats fine also...

to give you an Idea I have a euro-reef RS80 running on my 15 gallon (35 total volume including sump), that skimmer is rated for 80 to 100 gallon aquarium.

Guest tgallo

Euro Reef skimmers are over priced, you should contact Dandy7200 and have him make you one .

You'll end up with just as good skimmer and have some change to spare ;)

Euro Reef skimmers are over priced, you should contact Dandy7200 and have him make you one .

And my Grey Seas skimmer has been bulletproof. Just put a larger version under my 240.

And perhaps carbon in a phosban reactor would get the yellow out.

bob

Edited by lanman

And my Grey Seas skimmer has been bulletproof. Just put a larger version under my 240.

And perhaps carbon in a phosban reactor would get the yellow out.

bob

ozone also helps with this issue.

Does Dan make a skimmer for a small system? I know the Euro-reef has the RS80 for sale @ $230 now... not bad price for a good skimmer..

Does Dan make a skimmer for a small system? I know the Euro-reef has the RS80 for sale @ $230 now... not bad price for a good skimmer..

Never have and never will produce a non recirculating skimmer. First production run of Shorty is happening now and meant to compete with RC135 performance wise with a smaller price tag then the RC80.