Anenome splitting, should i help?

phisigs79

So i got a GBTA and its sheaded a bunch on tentacles and started to split. Only prob is its been 4-5 days and it is only partially split. Should i finish it manually or leave it alone? Looks healthy but started to split on day one. could it be that the foot was damaged?

I would leave it alone, but I'm far from being the expert here. I would think that it's going to either heal up again or finish the split on it's own. Either that or you will have the first WAMAS siamese twins anemones, they eat with two mouths but it all goes to the same place!

So i got a GBTA and its sheaded a bunch on tentacles and started to split. Only prob is its been 4-5 days and it is only partially split. Should i finish it manually or leave it alone? Looks healthy but started to split on day one. could it be that the foot was damaged?

Post a picture.

Most semi divisions will finish eventually.

There are a few documented situations with 2 pedal disks: 1 oral disk and 1 pedal disk:2 oral disks. They seem to survive just fine.

The concern I have is with the "tentacle shedding", this should not occur. I have seen that happen under highly stressed conditions or predatory conditions. I would be a bit worried 1 or more of the divisions would become necrotic.

looks like the outer ones were the ones that shedded. I was attached to loose rocks which could of shifted during transport that could of caused a tear not sure.

ok so its still not splitting and one side has lost almost all tenticles. should i cut it? looks like if might just fall off and die. One good thing is my RBTA split though

ok so its still not splitting and one side has lost almost all tenticles. should i cut it? looks like if might just fall off and die. One good thing is my RBTA split though

Have a picture?