Anyone willing to help out a high school?

davelin315

We have managed to secure a free tank (thanks, Hunter!) for a school but need someone to step up and pick this up in Southern Maryland and deliver it to a Northern Virginia High School. Please post up if you are willing to help or coordinate this!

Hey Guys, if anyone can step up, let's not lose out on this opportunity! The tank is located in Fort Washington, MD, and it will be moved to Springfield, VA. This person is moving this week and if we don't move, we'll lose out. If not for the fact that my wife could give birth any day now, most likely ANY day now, I would be down there tonight to help move it.

Happy to help out, Craig. No reimbursment necessary. A frag or two would be nice but is certainly not necessary. I'll help out because I'd like the kids at the school to have this experience.

How far is the pick up place From Andrews air force base and when does it have to be picked up by. Does it have lives stock and what size tank is it. I work at Andrews and would possibbly be able to pick it up. If it is just the tank I would request someone then get it from my place to wherever it is going. If the high school is not far from Alexandria I could possibly drop it off.

If everyone can give me their e-mails, I will cc everyone on the e-mails that have been going back and forth trying to get this settled. Beth is able to try and move it but has never done this before so if someone can help her, that would be fantastic. I have some things that can be used for transport, including a large water tub.

Hopefully someone is able to help Beth Jewell out tomorrow in picking up the tank. If we don't get this puppy picked up we may miss out on this opportunity... full set up, livestock included! Come on WAMAS! Let's get this done if we can!

Looks like this is a go for Tuesday! Woo hoo! Tom came by my place tonight to pick up my 125 gallon drum and an RO/DI to filter some water and he's also going to hook up with Beth and the owner on Tuesday. Hopefully Dave is able to go as well and the whole thing could be moved rather quickly. Thanks for coming through guys! When I'm set up, the offer for some free frags is out there for you, too!

Beth, I'm going to give you a call. I will be in the Ft. Belvoir area on Monday morning and would like to drop the 125 gallon container and RO/DI system off with you that morning. I'd do it after my meeting, but I doubt seriously that I can go where I need to on-post with a large liquid container like this in the back of my van (I think it would raise too many eyebrows, you know?). Anyway, this will give you time to begin making the RO/DI water for the tank which we should be able to set on Tuesday.

Talk to you soon!

Tom