New tank for B&W ocellaris

traveller7

• 3 weeks later...

Scott I have a pair of Black and White Ocellaris and a RBTA, is that a suitable anemone for that particular clown? I saw your the pics you posted about your b&w clowns tank and I didn't recall seeing a BTA or any other anemone for that matter. Thanks for your help.

Raf

Howdy Raf,

My pair actually prefers a group of BTAs to the H. crispa they have now(small H. crispa in first picture off this thread). They are not really picky and have called at least 10 different anemones/corals home over the years. For folks intent on breeding, I would be recommending BTAs or nothing at all, the overfeeding to maintain high yields drives the maintenance interval too much for my taste :)

Picture of the pair before the skunks and nigripes kicked them out of the BTA colony:

gallery_94_6_48495.jpg

fwiw: Don't be surprised to see slight changes in coloration as they change species of anemones.

Saw you might be selling your pair, they would be a good deal for anyone interested in a hardy pair of clowns. So much better to pick them up after a few months of conditioning :)

Take care and all the best.

Scott

Howdy Raf,

My pair actually prefers a group of BTAs to the H. crispa they have now(small H. crispa in first picture off this thread). They are not really picky and have called at least 10 different anemones/corals home over the years. For folks intent on breeding, I would be recommending BTAs or nothing at all, the overfeeding to maintain high yields drives the maintenance interval too much for my taste :)

Picture of the pair before the skunks and nigripes kicked them out of the BTA colony:

gallery_94_6_48495.jpg

fwiw: Don't be surprised to see slight changes in coloration as they change species of anemones.

Saw you might be selling your pair, they would be a good deal for anyone interested in a hardy pair of clowns. So much better to pick them up after a few months of conditioning :)

Take care and all the best.

Scott

Awesome response Scott!!! :clap: Thanks for the valuable information. I actually ended up with 4 Black ORA misbar juvi and 2 Black non-misbar juvi clowns. One pair perished in a return pump accident, one pair is in my display and the other pair is on my QT. Right now there are couple of things I'm tinkering with a few things in my head so one might officially be selling one or the other. Are you going to the meeting on Sat? I would like to ask you a few things in person.

Raf

Raf

Are you going to the meeting on Sat? I would like to ask you a few things in person.

Raf

I am attempting to rework my schedule this weekend, but it does not look good at this point :(

Since I only know a few things, I might actually be able to help you out :) More likely, I'll know who to ask :D

Hope to see you there.