Skyline Fish Nerd

Armson

So we have at least four WAMAS members working in Skyline 7 (well, three working plus Byron) and one or two members that visit the building or customers in the area. Any more?

I just finished a 15 month contract subbing for NGC at DISA. NGC was in Sky 3 but I spent a lot of time in BN39, one of the labs in the basement.

"The Chicken Place" next to DISA is awesome and has been serving the best rotisserie chicken for years. I used to go there 10 years ago when I contacted for the Justice Dept. in the Sky Tower. the big shiny building.

I just finished a 15 month contract subbing for NGC at DISA. NGC was in Sky 3 but I spent a lot of time in BN39, one of the labs in the basement.

"The Chicken Place" next to DISA is awesome and has been serving the best rotisserie chicken for years. I used to go there 10 years ago when I contacted for the Justice Dept. in the Sky Tower. the big shiny building.

I am down in bn 39 right now. we should all get together and make a trip out to Fire flies I drove there the other day it's only about a 10 min drive from here.

-Byron

I have heard good things about Fire Flies. And maybe Dan will let us see his new tank. When I picked up my kalk stirrer, all he had was a big hole in the floor.

I am down in bn 39 right now. we should all get together and make a trip out to Fire flies I drove there the other day it's only about a 10 min drive from here.

-Byron

I have heard good things about Fire Flies. And maybe Dan will let us see his new tank. When I picked up my kalk stirrer, all he had was a big hole in the floor.

I hope he took pictures so we can all get a timeline.

-Byron

What are all you DISA folks going to do when the BRAC rolls around. You're going to Ft. Meade aren't you?

yes and no... DISA is planing on moving in 2011 roughly... so that pretty much give everyone a lot of time to think about the move or find another job... The date has been pushed back 3 times to my knowledge because of ground breaking delays... I think we are moving to the back nine of the golf course out there... but who knows maybe some of the jobs will transfer to Belvior.

What are all you DISA folks going to do when the BRAC rolls around. You're going to Ft. Meade aren't you?

I am not moving to Ft. Meade. I am transferring out to Pacom!

-Byron

Oh great there goes the neighborhood, I'll have all you guys here. I'm not looking forward to all the BRAC stuff traffic around here is bad enough without adding something like 25000 more people!

yes and no... DISA is planing on moving in 2011 roughly... so that pretty much give everyone a lot of time to think about the move or find another job... The date has been pushed back 3 times to my knowledge because of ground breaking delays... I think we are moving to the back nine of the golf course out there... but who knows maybe some of the jobs will transfer to Belvior.

I feel your pain. We're waiting on our move to Quantico........we're supposed to be there by 2010, but I'll be amazed if we make it by 2013.

Oh great there goes the neighborhood, I'll have all you guys here. I'm not looking forward to all the BRAC stuff traffic around here is bad enough without adding something like 25000 more people!

I'm sure they'll build a ton more housing and not do anything at all to the roads!! Between Belvoir and Quantico we are supposed to get around 20000 net jobs.........that's a helluva lot more cars and nothing done to the roads to handle the increase.

Edited by steveoutlaw

I think Belvior is getting the biggest flux of people... but your right adding 15000 more commuters in your neck of the woods will be a nightmare for traffic... but hey at least we can trade frags easier now!!

I feel your pain. We're waiting on our move to Quantico........we're supposed to be there by 2010, but I'll be amazed if we make it by 2013.

I'm sure they'll build a ton more housing and not do anything at all to the roads!! Between Belvoir and Quantico we are supposed to get around 20000 net jobs.........that's a helluva lot more cars and nothing done to the roads to handle the increase.

yeah and I live 5 minutes from Belvior!! :cry: traffic is already bad enough for me... on the bright side my housing property value is expected to jump pretty decent...

Yep I work for disa.

I'm not so sure I would use the word 'work' Byron.

:biggrin:

So we have at least four WAMAS members working in Skyline 7 (well, three working plus Byron) and one or two members that visit the building or customers in the area. Any more?

Yeah I am there too. Work in the same lab as Byron and Jonathan (kngfisher). And no, the truck is not mine either.

Edited by Boxxr

I'll reserve 1N47 for the DISA WAMAS members frag swap!

Any body want to do a group trip down to fireflies this week for lunch?

-Byron

As of right now, I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday).

Let me know.

Brad

Any body want to do a group trip down to fireflies this week for lunch?

-Byron