sand bed

treesprite

would there be any benefit in putting a DSB in a 10g nano? It's not a big area, but it's also a very small system

would there be any benefit in putting a DSB in a 10g nano? It's not a big area, but it's also a very small system

After that put some Cheato in there and you have a refugium.

Not much water to begin with. I would put a shallow layer only or none at all.

that's what I figured, but figured also that I should ask.... thanks.

Lol deep sand bed is like 6" that would leave you a miniscule space for your fish. Though for fun you could run a remote deep sand bed in a jar, jug, or bucket.

Lol deep sand bed is like 6" that would leave you a miniscule space for your fish. Though for fun you could run a remote deep sand bed in a jar, jug, or bucket.

Well, here's the thing, I have a 16g fw in my office that I decided to not convert because the dimensions make it too deep (16g has a square face), and it's just not realistic to stack rock that high in those dimensions. Now I'm thinking, if I put a dsb in it, the sand would take up the extra height.

The question though, is, would a 4" to 6" dsb be helpful in that size of a system?

Well, here's the thing, I have a 16g fw in my office that I decided to not convert because the dimensions make it too deep (16g has a square face), and it's just not realistic to stack rock that high in those dimensions. Now I'm thinking, if I put a dsb in it, the sand would take up the extra height.

The question though, is, would a 4" to 6" dsb be helpful in that size of a system?

Seems like a good idea to me, but there's only one way to find out . . .

Let us know how it goes.

i have to decide now..... hmmmm.

I guess I will need some sand. Probably will have to wait for a tank breakdown when someone won't mind giving it away.

it's not hard to find.

that's how I got the sand I have now... 2 separate people (I washed the daylights out of it - probably lost 1/3rd of it down the drain)