My 20 gallon tank thread with pictures

lletellier

Alright i'm down to just the two clowns in my tank... here is what it looks like after three weeks

gallery_1602_3_889653.jpg

I'm still trying to finish off the hair algae I really need to take everything out and scrub it down but I just started a new job and havn't had time to get around to it.

I want to add 2 or 3 more fish to the tank here is what i'm thinking of...

midas blenny or bicolor blenny

rainfords goby

Carpenters Flasher Wrasse

Any suggestions??

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday Update! for those of us that view time off from work as more time to look at wamas :) here are a few pictures of my tank with my new items: 1 rbta and 1 clam. Very happy with the way things have turned out, I may add a few more things but not till after the holidays. I am horrible at taking photos but you get the idea.

gallery_1602_5_706922.jpg

gallery_1602_5_70443.jpg

gallery_1602_7_9781.jpg

gallery_1602_3_851912.jpg

does anyone have the link to getting your clowns to host in an anemone?? so far my clowns have shown no interested in my rbta :why:

I don't have a link, but I know Niki had success with this.....

- Don't feed the tank for a day or two, and then simply grab some mysis with a reef tweezers and target feed it to your anemone. Repeat until the clowns come to eat and "discover" the 'nem.

Tracy

It could also just be a matter of time. You've only had it for 3 days. I've seen it take weeks for their clowns to finally host in the anemone.

true true... you really can't rush anything in this hobby oh well just have to wait and see I guess, i'll give the feeding trick a try when I get back home.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated Photos... a little bit has change and I built myself a little frag rack

gallery_1602_3_699671.jpg

gallery_1602_3_334014.jpg

gallery_1602_3_52255.jpg

gallery_1602_3_687512.jpg

toadstool

gallery_1602_4_406143.jpg

purple lta

gallery_1602_4_70864.jpg

palys

gallery_1602_4_178175.jpg

golden midas blenny in hiding

gallery_1602_6_847105.jpg

new 4 stripe

gallery_1602_6_1083009.jpg

frag rack most from doug at the social, Thanks again!

gallery_1602_4_321851.jpg

swap frag and apple chalace from yauger

gallery_1602_4_600786.jpg

some zoas

gallery_1602_4_894917.jpg

Having some issues with nasty brown algae... any thoughts on what to do about it?

gallery_1602_10_523467.jpg

gallery_1602_10_1012927.jpg

Told someone I'd upload another sump shot

gallery_1602_10_353804.jpg

nice i really like it! !!

i feel like an open brain, (either a lobo or trachphyllia (sp?) would look perfect in your tank

and that frag rack is so "cute" like its actually adorable!! haha

i want one!

Edited by toastiireefs

nice i really like it! !!

i feel like an open brain, (either a lobo or trachphyllia (sp?) would look perfect in your tank

and that frag rack is so "cute" like its actually adorable!! haha

i want one!

yeah I like brain corals I may have to pick one up eventually, as for the frag rack it was VERY easy to make its just super glued together nothing special and obviously not my own idea. If you want one let me know cause I have a ton of egg crate at my house

youve done such a good job with such a small amount of space - small and sweet and not so small as to get boring. I like your little frag rack.

can this be moved to the tanks only thread?

bump for the move into the dedicated tank thread?

Really nice looking tank. A great example of what can be done for those interested in this hobby but not quite ready to set up a monster tank yet.

As for the brown algae I would just wait it out. Eventually it will get displaced by coraline.

For clownfish hosting I had success once by directing a single moonlight at the anemone at night, with it being the only light in the tank. Once they figured out the whole hosting thing they have not needed any help since. In the last 4 years since the demise of that 1st BTA (added to a 2 month old tank by a newbie, you know the rest :cry: ) they have hosted in everything from xenia to torch to ricordia. They always go right back to an anemone when they can though. I now have 5 BTAs in the tank and the clowns pretty much rotate b/n them. They stay away from the rock / flower anemones though. Smart.

Yeah they still havn't touched it, I tried not feeding for a few days and got them close to it but still have showed no interest... I don't know why but none of my fish ever go on the left side of my tank... all 4 of them stay on the right... no idea why, is it possible they don't like the high flow from my return? I'm thinking about splitting my return into two over the edge returns to reduce the intensity and to even out the flow more.

Yep that was the first coral I ever traded! I fragged it from dc mac's coral a few months ago and traded it to lance... Looks like its doubled in size since we traded!

(edited)

I don't know about doubled but they seem to be doing well... I got a frag of red palys from stevem this week which still havn't opened up :/ not sure what the deal is.

Edited by lletellier

my clowns started hosting this week... but not in my 4" rbta they chose my 1" purple lta... I'm keeping an eye on it to make sure they don't beat it up too badly