Suggestion for theme

I don't know who is offically running the show on the photography fourm nor where to post suggestions, but I had a somewhat fun idea for a theme or well not really a them maybe a style that would level the playing field a bit for the members.

Cell phone camera only pics. :drink: I think it could be fun, it's not hard and it would allow a lot of entries.

No thoughts on this?

I think it could be a fun way to level the playing field for those that don't have super fancy-schmanzy $500 cameras. On the other hand, not everyone has a cell phone with a fancy-schmanzy camera built in (which is why I didn't have much to say at first ;-) I know, it's a tough call either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking low-budget photography? Maybe go by megapixwla? The higher the #, the higher the cost of the camera, so go by megapixils maybe?

I think I'd have the upper-hand with my iPhone, lol. It takes very clear pics.

Don't be so sure! I've got some pretty good pics and vids out of my Sprint HTC Mogul! :wink:

I think it's a great idea for a pic contest, too.

Funny fish faces/photos taken with a cell phone camera would be an interesting twist.

Funny fish faces/photos taken with a cell phone camera would be an interesting twist.

I think fish faces would be hard to get out of a camera phone, but even with the old 1 megapixel or so cameras you can get pretty good shots