Attaching Frags

dhogan

super glue gel for glueing outside tank and epoxy for glueing inside tank

super glue gel for glueing outside tank and epoxy for glueing inside tank

I use Super Glue Gel for glueing both inside and outside of the tank and it works great, I've never really used epoxy.

Raf

any superglue will work but some swear by the handibond. i got a tube but havent tested it out yet

I forgot what kind it was that i use on mine. i won couple of gel glue tube from BRK couple of weeks back. John (Copps) showed me the trick with gluing frag to the rock inside the tank by putting a small amount on the frag, dip it in the water for a few seconds, repeat for couple more times then mount the frag at that point and hold it for about a minute. I did that and it works. It's easier if you can take the rock out of the tank and glue the frag then. My problem is that when I try to put the rock back in the tank, it's not quite in the same location as I want it to be.

James

I recommend against using the two-part epoxy directly in contact with the frag... only because the one time I did it, I had bad results.

I usually glue my frag to a small rock or plug with gel super-glue, and then attach the rock or plug inside my tank with the two-part purple epoxy. Either way, just make sure your corals and frags are 'secure' - they seem to grow a lot better once they are firmly attached to something that doesn't move.

bob

Guest NSC

Agreed on the two-part...I believe it started some STN on a frag or two for me, if not then indirectly by not actually securing the frags whereby causing them to rock back and forth in the flow. Loctite gel superglu is available at any Lowe's and its only 3 bucks tops for a jumbo sized bottle(just don't use it under the water if possible as it will coagulate in the applicator tube if water seeps in, so just squeeze a little excess to clear once out of the water)

I recommend against using the two-part epoxy directly in contact with the frag... only because the one time I did it, I had bad results.

I usually glue my frag to a small rock or plug with gel super-glue, and then attach the rock or plug inside my tank with the two-part purple epoxy. Either way, just make sure your corals and frags are 'secure' - they seem to grow a lot better once they are firmly attached to something that doesn't move.

bob