10g nano

Jimmy

After seeing Jason's 5.5g I decided to so something similar with a 10g. Here is a rough draft of what I would like to do.

10g_filter.bmp

I'll post some pics of the project once I get it going.

I just hang an AC70 on my 10g, filled with chaeto only. Seems like you are killing what little real estate you have in there, but I fully understand the DIY bug.

jp

I would skip *bio media* in favor of plain live rock in this case I think it'd be benificial to prevent nitrate production in such a small tank. I like the design though

• 2 weeks later...

well, I have pretty much finished my 10g DIY project. There are still some things to work out but after I get back from vacation I'll add the finishing touches and set it up. Will post pics later.

• 3 weeks later...
well, I have pretty much finished my 10g DIY project. There are still some things to work out but after I get back from vacation I'll add the finishing touches and set it up. Will post pics later.

Are you back from vacation yet?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the delay. I have the tank set up and I'll put pics up soon. The built in filter works pretty well although it doesn't handle as much flow as I would have liked.

here is a pic of the tank:

gallery_1660_3_62917.jpg

and here is the built in filter area:

gallery_1660_10_44104.jpg

I ended up having to use a MJ400 thus the MJ600 inside the tank. The middle compartment in the filter is filled with Seachem's Matrix (not the carbon obviously) which has worked pretty well for me.

where did you set this up at ?

I set it up at home in my family room.

Looks nice, replace that MJ with a small korelia

Good idea. I will definitely look into it.