MY 40gl plan!!

yes!!!! haha

ok thats what i was wondering... and

is all you do place it in the sump and just let t work magic?

You will probably have to adjust it, but first you should see how it runs without any adjustments. I'd wait at least 24hrs before adjusting.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do ANY of these companies put instructions with the stuff???

so i got most of my stuff today-

FYI- the person who owns Endless water has water that you can use for Saltwater aquariums- he aparently used to be a saltwater enthusiast so he knows his stuff!!!

the lights fit fine!

ok so i officially need an arrow crab!!! they are absolutely amzingly adorable!!!!!!

we have 5 at the zoo of which i fed today- ADORABLE!!!!!

ummmm sooo all equiptment set up tomorrow-

water being put in on friday (with salt)

saturday is LR day and im gonna go to SCALES and pick up some brine cysts- and what food is reccomended for non photosynthetic gorgs?? i think im getting one with my rock..

i heard /read golden pearls/ enriched brine/ liquid invertabre food/ oyster eggs/ (and what about phyto at all)

umm i also might get some CUC BUT!! i thnk im gonna wait a week since im adding an additional 10lbs of apparently fully cured rock- and see how everything cycles... if any cycle

and IM SOOO EXCITED!!!

except im haveing seahorse withdrawl syndrom... this person on seahorse.org sell BEAUTIFUL erectus seahorses and i really really REALLY want a pair but i cant... :( sigh. i guess if i ever TRUELY decide i want them i can sell all stinging branchy corals and all agressive fish- and get a pair- BUT idk. :( prolly not - im happy with my plan- it just hurts! I wish i could have another tank for seahorses

arrow crab will eat your fish if it can catch them - I found that out the hard way. The one time I went so far as to invest 50$ into a fish on my nearly non-existent budget....

i just read about that- what about a realy small one?

i just cant see how they can catch a fis let alone eat one with such teeny features

ok so for the skimmer i got all the arts together- but does it go width wise or length wise-

so it woud be

needlewheel-->skimmer-->return sponge

or

needlewheel

|

Y

Skimmer

|

Y

return sponge

ok so for the skimmer i got all the arts together- but does it go width wise or length wise-

so it woud be

needlewheel-->skimmer-->return sponge

or

needlewheel

|

Y

Skimmer

|

Y

return sponge

not sure if anyone will be able to answer you on that with that sort of description

hey, were your baby horsies born?

nooo not yet- they should be any day now!!! im waiting quite impatiently-

:)

i got my water and im mixing everything today~!!

(edited)

i just read about that- what about a realy small one?

i just cant see how they can catch a fis let alone eat one with such teeny features

a really small one will become a really big one. they end up averaging 6" and i've seen them 10" across, but even at 3" they can easily take out a sleeping fish of that size.

they use their legs like a cage to trap. just because their claws are small doesn't mean they don't hunt actively. :)

they are the pinnacle of crabs as opportunistic hunters in home aquaria. in nature, they probably never catch a fish, but in your tank, they'll get em.

i would not recommend. heck, even emerald crabs will start to hunt eventually.

Edited by Charlie97L

So far my emerald is fine, but I dont know how big they get - do they get more than an inch or two? I wanted to get a couple more, but not if they're going to eat their tank mates.

even if you feed the arrow crans separately?? wow

ok

well that makes me sad..

i filled up my tank and plugged everything in

the head- or the "directional blowers" on my power heads keep blowing off how do i keep them put

ook!!!

soo

would i need any airstones? is it beneficial to have for the sake of it?

if you're running a sump, you shouldn't need airstones, as the water splashing on the way down aerates it plenty.

(edited)

k cool!

umm what should the salinity and temperature be generally...

and what like 78 82?

my seahorse tank is 1.019 and 72-74 sooo im assuming hotter and saltier than that

also does anyone know store hours for aquarium one?

Edited by toastiireefs

(edited)

k cool!

umm what should the salinity and temperature be generally...

and what like 78 82?

my seahorse tank is 1.019 and 72-74 sooo im assuming hotter and saltier than that

most reef tanks run at 77.5-79... it depends on what works for you. you can look at the TOTM stats on RC to get a picture of average reef tank temps

80 is getting to be too hot.

Edited by Charlie97L

most reef tanks run at 77.5-79... it depends on what works for you. you can look at the TOTM stats on RC to get a picture of average reef tank temps

80 is getting to be too hot.

Most xenia will die at 83... or so I've been told. I try to run mine about 77.5 at night; then it warms up to around 79 during the day. Although the frag tank often hits 80.

Salinity between 1.024-1.027. Most shoot for 1.025.

bob

(edited)

MY ROCK IS IN THE TANK!

pics to come!!!

i have a beautiful purple gorgonia and bought whole bunch of different foods to feed it.

also i have some corals.. occulis? i think.. and feather dusters. and i saw this free swimming sqiud like thing? i thought it might have come free from the rock

there are sponges lots of calurpa and lots of hair algea- there was some oystery clams like things- like the clams you eat looking things.. on it.. mussel type things.. lots of neat stufff

how long till i can put something else in it? i was gonna wait till after my vacation anyways.. which will be in three weeks...

it was prolly a bit fast but i got like 6 snails for the hair algea at Aquarium one.. i asked if it was ok to put them in and i told them i JUST put the rock in.. they said as long as it was cured and there is algea growth it will be fine

Edited by toastiireefs

wow, thats a lto all at once

wow, thats a lto all at once

i know it came on t he rock i didnt buy it... im not that stupid!! haha

so like it was on the shipment-

i also have some other things that kinda look like tube anemones but the guy called it something else but i'll take a picture of it...

tere are some cool baracles too

and i just found a dwarf zebra hermit crab