stand and canopy eye candy

shawns

love to see pics of all the carpenters projects. they can be pre-completion, or completed works.

Pretty cool topic bro. Can we post videos :biggrin:

Guest tgallo

Dan, that hood lift is sweet.I need to post some pics on the beast stand you helped my build.

Guest tgallo

here's a picture of my former tank and the beast stand i had to build for it.post-82-1179623606_thumb.jpg why cant i get the picture to come up larger?.

post-82-1179623731_thumb.jpg

here's a picture of my former tank and the beast stand i had to build for it.post-82-1179623606_thumb.jpg why cant i get the picture to come up larger?.

Maybe resize the images, those are tiny! Dans canopy is always fun

any more here? I am trying to come up with something cool for a hanging 3x24 T5 retro, and whatever I draw looks like it should go over a pool table instead of a nano. Maybe that's not so bad, but has anybody built a canopy for a topless tank?

jp

any more here? I am trying to come up with something cool for a hanging 3x24 T5 retro, and whatever I draw looks like it should go over a pool table instead of a nano. Maybe that's not so bad, but has anybody built a canopy for a topless tank?

jp

I'll see if I can get a pic of my frag tank, it's like what you are describing.

it got me thinking that I could mock something up and put some stained glass panels in it, but I am worried it would take away from the fish. That was the original intent with my stand, but I never followed through. I thought it would be cool to have ambient lighting through green and purple swirled colored glass. LOL the inspiration for the stand was a piece I saw in a glass shop in NY and sonofgaladrial's fireplace mantle cube design.

Anyways, I still need another side cabinet (and to finish the top to the right side cabinet, which holds the ATO reservoir). And I hate the hood, it should be half as tall.

IMGP0064.jpg

jp

Here is my rimless 28x10x7 frag tank:

508715401_4361d73e1a.jpg

The top has a slot that runs along a bolt and a t-nut handle to tighten it down. Basically it moves back about 6" so I have full access when needed:

508715393_262b528a86.jpg

HTH, and BTW your gasket will be there in tomorrows mail.

Thank you - pretty cool, I like that sliding design better than a fliptop, and I appreciate the gasket. I think that only the fact that I am pushing only 50gph through the reactor is why it isn't leaking with rubber bands.

jp