Snorkeling in Culebra

Rascal

All photos taken with a Cannon A710IS with DC6 underwater case. I am still learning how to use it so all pictures were taken with the pre-programmed "underwater" setting and then edited with Picasa (just cropped and the "I'm feeling lucky" button).

I'll probably break these up into a few posts, but here's the whole album if anyone's interested: http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/Ras...rkeling%20pics/.

Enjoy:

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Tangs:

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

I guess that's enough for now :)

Some butteryfly fish. These were really skittish and hard to photograph (they swim much faster than me). Always saw them in pairs, and never more than one pair anywhere near each other.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Let's see, what else? Everyone loves these, right?

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

wow what camera did you use to take those awesome pictures, we went to key west but visiblity was horrible.

sorry did not read the comments to busy looking at the pictures... :scuba:

Some Christmas Trees:

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

And some anenomes:

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

We also saw a bunch of absolutely gorgeous rock anenomes, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of them.

Not done yet. :) Just got interupted by that pesky job thing.

Some more fish:

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

And coral:

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

OK. Last post. Did I mention the tangs?

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

I also took a couple of videos, but haven't been able to upload them to photoshop yet.

Thanks for looking. Hope you all enjoy. We sure did. :biggrin:

Just a shame we have to wait a whole year to go back to anything like that. :cry:

wow what camera did you use to take those awesome pictures, we went to key west but visiblity was horrible.

Visibility was much better this year than last, especially towards the latter part of the week when the surf calmed down some.

I was very happy and pleasantly surprised with the performance of the camera, especially considering I really had no idea what I was doing. Most of the fish pictures, for instance, are cropped quite a bit (I wasn't quite THAT close to them) but the photos came out pretty well even blown up like that. Picassa helped a lot with the colors and brightness, but I feel I could do a lot better once I figure out the whole white balance - aperture - shutter speed - depth of field - . . . , errr, once I learn photography.

Wow, beautiful pictures.

What kind of tangs are they?

Thanks.

Most of those pictured are Atlantic Blue Tangs (Acanthurus coeruleus), though there are some others mixed in. I'm afraid I have to get out the books to be any good with identification. :blush: