Pic of Baby False Percs and a Bangaii

Scott_LM

Baby Clowns raised from DHoch's (Davids) eggs. Unfortunately only three made it because I ran low on phyto and had to use some DTs that had gone bad to tint the water. They were born on Feb 10. Diet consists of rotifers and baby brine shrimp. I am slowly weening them to dry foods.

The bangaii cardinal was the sole survivor of my one of my pairs second attempt at breeding. The male surprisingly held one the entire 28 days. Hopefully they will get better with experience.

Check out the photo in my gallery.

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?act=...si&img=1863

Wow! Dave laid some real nice eggs to produce those clowns! I think one of 'em even has his nose! :lol:

Edited by YBeNormal

A chip of the ol block... head :)

Dave

Baby Clowns raised from DHoch's (Davids) eggs. Unfortunately only three made it because I ran low on phyto and had to use some DTs that had gone bad to tint the water. They were born on Feb 10. Diet consists of rotifers and baby brine shrimp. I am slowly weening them to dry foods.

The bangaii cardinal was the sole survivor of my one of my pairs second attempt at breeding. The male surprisingly held one the entire 28 days. Hopefully they will get better with experience.

I can't even tell you how cool I think that is. I thought it was great when my comet goldfish had babies in my pond! But growing your own Nemo's!! Awesome!

Where do you get the phytoplankton, rotifers and baby brine shrimp? Do you hatch the shrimp yourself? Are they in a separate tank - or your refugium?

Congratulations!!

bob

(edited)

Bob, et al

Thanks

I will try to get a pic of the "Lab". I grow phyto in Container Store containers and rotifers in a 10 gallon tank and other misc containers. The baby brine shrimp (bbs) grow in two liter botters with the bottom cut off. Most LFS will carry bbs eggs. You simply add saltwater and aeration. Phyto can be ordered from various online retailers or DTs can be used in a pinch. Rotifers also are ordered online. If anyone is even remotely interested or wants a good read look up Joyce Wilkerson and the book she wrote named Clownfishes. She is from VA and will tell you everything you ever wanted to know.

Edited by Scott_LM

Scott I'm going to PM you, I have some more stuff here you might want. Also glad to see your opperationg worked out. Good luck with future sucesses

be careful with the baby clowns and bangaii cardinal.....seeing reports that bangaii cardinals really enjoy a lunch of baby clown.

any breeding of any thing in a home reef is impressive in my book. The only thing I have been sucessful in breeding has been xenia....and algee :-)

The Banger is actually a bit smaller than the clowns, so no issues there, but thanks for the warning.

I will also put a plea out to the club. If you have any fish that regularly breed in your tank I would be happy to give them a shot. Unfortunately I rent right now, so I cannot get a full blown breeding setup yet, but I would be glad to raise your babies (marine :biggrin: ) and make payment if offspring if successful.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott

The Banger is actually a bit smaller than the clowns, so no issues there, but thanks for the warning.

I will also put a plea out to the club. If you have any fish that regularly breed in your tank I would be happy to give them a shot. Unfortunately I rent right now, so I cannot get a full blown breeding setup yet, but I would be glad to raise your babies (marine :biggrin: ) and make payment if offspring if successful.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott

Hmm... how do you tell your reefer lady-friend that Scott wants to have her babies...

I don't think I want to go there.

bob