Everything isn't going to fit

jamesbuf

Which would you keep?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Looks like I was seriously delusional when I thought I could fit most of my stuff into the 42gallon

• Keep just my Riteri and Rose BTA and forget the corals
    • Keep only Riteri, leaving room for plenty of corals
    • Keep only the Rose BTA, leaving room for plenty of corals

I'm leaning towards building up rock on each end of the tank, with a empty cravasse going down the middle separating the two rock ledges, and keeping an anenome on each side. Sort of like a capture the flag match where it'll be the riteri and perculas against the Rose and Clarkii.

Or I could keep just one of the anenomes and leave plenty of room for corals. What would you do?

RULE #1 with Anenomes!!!!

They don't care where YOU want them, they go where THEY want too! :why:

I have a GBTA and RBTA, neither have setup where I wanted/started them off, so I've learned to work around them and LEAVE THEM ALONE! :lol2:

RULE #2 See Rule #1

I'm leaning towards building up rock on each end of the tank, with a empty cravasse going down the middle separating the two rock ledges, and keeping an anenome on each side. Sort of like a capture the flag match where it'll be the riteri and perculas against the Rose and Clarkii.

Or I could keep just one of the anenomes and leave plenty of room for corals. What would you do?

Please skip the Magnifica in a small space, a healthy one will outgrow that tank within months. A sick one will make quite a mess of it. Odds of the latter are extremely high.

Not to mention, the BTAs are always in demand and you will recoup your investment this year.

Edited by traveller7

Please skip the Magnifica in a small space, a healthy one will outgrow that tank within months. A sick one will make quite a mess of it. Odds of the latter are extremely high.

Not to mention, the BTAs are always in demand and you will recoup your investment this year.

Well, I know nothing about Anemone's but what I find on the internet: Large sea anemone, up to 1 m diameter, very distinctive.

Three feet??? Man, that's BIG!

bob

Yes, and Ritteri happened to be the pickiest of them all anems on light and flow conditions. And if it starts walking it most probably will kill everything on the way before dying itself.

So its done. I stuck with my original design and now there's 2 towers with an anemone on top of each. I'll post pics tomorrow. Not to bad if I do say so myself. If I start to have trouble with one of them, then I'll have to sell one. Only time will tell.

Why did you take a poll?

Yer like my 6 month pregnant wife:

Her: What do you want for dinner, Chicken or Steak?

Me: Steak, we haven't had that in a while.

Her: I feel like chicken, do you want to do it on the BBQ?

Me: Yes

Her: Nah, I'll cook it in the kitchen.

Me: Okay.

(edited)

I hope I've not upset you.

So far so good. Here are some pics of my 42gal. Both anemones have stayed put on the rocks that they were originally on from the 180. They had been wedged into those spots for several months, so hopefully they'll stay put. Both anemones were on the top of the rockwork in the 180, and I made sure to stay with this in the 42gal. After much manipulation with the rockwork, I've also been able to fit most of my corals in as well. I went with the 2 separate rockwork on opposite sides and a crevasse separating the each piles of rock. Its kindof hard to tell from the pics, I hope you guys can get the jist of what I'm trying to do with the design: keep the anemones separate. If I do start to have troubles, the RBTA will most likely be the one to go since I have a trio of clowns in the riteri and I really like how that looks. I've had the riteri for a year now and even after feeding 3 times a week, it barely grew in the 180, so I think I'll be good till I graduate in july 08 and I upgrade to a larger tank. If I do get rid of the Rose BTA, it'll go up for auction so everyone will have the opportunity to get it. Well enough ranting, here you go:

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

This is a good look at the crevasse going between the rockwork

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

The Rose after just having some shrimp for dinner

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Edited by jamesbuf

Very nice, James !!!

I agree! You didn't mention that you had clownfish in love with the Ritteri... that might have swayed my vote.

bob

Why did you take a poll?

Yer like my 6 month pregnant wife:

Her: What do you want for dinner, Chicken or Steak?

Me: Steak, we haven't had that in a while.

Her: I feel like chicken, do you want to do it on the BBQ?

Me: Yes

Her: Nah, I'll cook it in the kitchen.

Me: Okay.

My EX-wife didn't have to be at all pregnant to have conversations like that.

Her: Should I wear the green dress, or the red one?

Me: I prefer the red one.

Her: You think I should wear the Jade necklace, or the Pearls??

Me: I like red and green.

Her: I agree! If I had a red necklace, I'd wear it.

Me: I meant wear the jade with the red dress.

Her: But which do you prefer with the green dress?

Me: Whichever you like, my dear. They both go great with your stunning eyes..... (run!!)

bob

Thanks for the complements everyone.

Everything seems to be doing well. All the corals have adapted well to the MH, and the anemones have really perked up as well. All 3 of the false percs keep to their Riteri, and each of the clarkii clowns keep to their respective anemones (purple LTA on the bottom of the sand bed and the Rose BTA on the right. I would not have even tried this if the fish had been new to each other or from different tanks, but since all of the clowns were familiar with each other and had already established boundaries and homes, I was hoping it would work. So far so good.