New member in C'ville

Hi everybody.

I am new to this club, and although I only got a membership for myself atm, I will soon get one for my boyfriend who is into this wonderful hobby with me! Is there anyone else who lives near charlottesville? We are fairly new to this, and are trying to find fun, less-expensive, ways to build our 29g and two 14g nanos, like trading, or buying from other members. There is a lot of mention of "access"...access to what? Once my membership is processed,will I be able to access more areas of the site? And how will I find out more about the group going to the meeting in Pennsylvania next September? We would both like to go.

Thanks all!

Nat :wig:

Hi Nat and welcome to the club.

1) if your tank is up and cycled and your ready for coral then see pinned thread in general discussion area for trades/sales of corals at the meeting Sunday.

2) Info. Lots of thereads here on all sections of the forums on how to do things. Click on search button to also look for info.

3) Access (I took care of your permissions - you should see member section now)

4) Trip to Pittsburgh. That is the annual 3 day conference. WAMAS hosted the event back in 2005. Really can be a lot of fun [though hosting was a lot of work] you can get more detail on what goes on by reading this reef central member article: "Why should you attend: See this article by melev: http://www.melevsreef.com/why_macna.html "

- small discussion of some folks going here may look into pricing a bus if there is enough interest in it.

Thanks everybody for the nice welcomes! I am thrilled to be part of such a great club, and cannot wait to meet some of y'all.

Natasha (and Shane:))

So I have a question Nat... is Shane one of the critters?

Dave

No! LOL. Shane is my doting boyfriend who is very into this fantastic (albeit expensive!) hobby with me! :) But he works nights so is sleeping when I have been posting (and purchasing :)) for us!

Nat welcome to wamas. I am in lynchburg VA an hour south of you and your Boyfriend. if your down in this area LMK there are certainly some reefers around to introduce you to and a few frags to have

try to make it to the meeting sunday if you can.

Natasha (and Shane)! We're not exactly next door neighbors but I hope to see you at the Spring meeting this Sunday or maybe around one of the fine LFS' we have in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Natasha & Shane

Thanks Alok. LMK when you come through next, and wed love to have you stop by and see our well, little bit of a mess atm tank! :) And thanks to everyone who has welcomed us. A bit tough getting started living this far south from everybody selling great stuff,but little at a time, eh? Later.

Nat :bb: