DI chamber empty of water

chideloh

Water in my DI chamber empties after it's been on for a while.

Does anybody know why it does that and any way to fix it?

Anybody have the same problem?

Thanks

Dave

I had that probem once. It was pressurized air in my case, forcing the remaining water to be push out from inside the chamber. Davelin help me correct this by blowing water in reverse through the chamber, meaning pushing water from the output thru the chamber and out the input side once or twice, and then reconnecting everything back to normal. It worked for me, and as matter of fact it increased the water production by 25%. Hope this helps, this has been my experience, and it may or may not be them same results for you.

Jacob

Jacob,

Thanks for your help.

Question: Do you mean just through the DI chamber or through the whole RODI system?

Also, do you have to do that every time you change the DI resin?

When the air gets in the chamber I open the chamber and let out the air and then screw it back on. The air is getting in from somewhere, but I don't know where from.

Thanks

Mine has always done this. I was unde the impression that it is normal and to not worry about it. Am I wrong?

Jacob,

Thanks for your help.

Question: Do you mean just through the DI chamber or through the whole RODI system?

Also, do you have to do that every time you change the DI resin?

When the air gets in the chamber I open the chamber and let out the air and then screw it back on. The air is getting in from somewhere, but I don't know where from.

Thanks

Dave

Only through the DI chamber. Also, check the rubber ring on all of your fittings. make sure they are leaking, that could be the possible reason for the air bubbles.

Mine has always done this. I was unde the impression that it is normal and to not worry about it. Am I wrong?

I thought so too. That's why it took me this long to ask the question (been in the hobby for 5 yrs). I just thought it was normal but I was getting tired of it. :)

Thanks Jake. :)

Well I think you're supposed to backflush the membrane to clean it once in awhile. I've never done this as there were no instructions with my ro/di to do this. I'm sure the worst that you would do is damage the membrane, which is costly to replace but I doubt a backflush would really damage anything else. Can a veteran ro/di user give us newbs more info?

And is it normal for the di chamber to not completely fill with water?

Well I think you're supposed to backflush the membrane to clean it once in awhile. I've never done this as there were no instructions with my ro/di to do this.

I bought a flush kit to attach to my RO unit. I use it about every 2 weeks.

Not sure if it's having much effect, but it's fun to watch the water shoot out.

tim

If I'm understanding what you are discribing, I find I have this issue when the entrance water is as cold as it's been. Once the weather warms up so does the entry water and the problem corrects itself.